Catoptric

Re: Run-up to WW3

Post by Catoptric » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:06 am

Putin might be evacuated to Venezuela?
https://qr.ae/pr8j6f
Spoiler
Show
Putin may be evacuated to Venezuela
The top leadership of the Russian Federation is developing a plan for its evacuation from the country in case of defeat in the war against Ukraine. Abbas Gallyamov, Putin's former speechwriter, writes about this with reference to an insider source in 2008-2010. worked in the department for the preparation of public speeches of the government of the Russian Federation. According to him, work on the project under the unofficial name "Noah's Ark" has been going on since spring.

Initially, China was considered as a platform where it would be possible to go in case of critical problems in the Russian Federation. This offer, Gallyamov writes, came from billionaire Yuri Kovalchuk, the owner of Rossiya Bank, which the US Treasury Department called "Putin's wallet." Nevertheless, Gallyamov argues, the Kremlin "quickly became disillusioned" with the prospects of emigrating to China. The fears of Putin's encirclement are linked to the mentality of the Chinese: they "despise others, especially losers."

Now Argentina and Venezuela are considered as a promising platform, Gallyamov writes.

Moreover, the evacuation project to Venezuela, according to him, is supervised by the head of Rosneft, Igor Sechin, who has a good personal relationship with President Nicolas Maduro.

Yury Kurilin, the right hand of the head of Rosneft, who, until recently, was in charge of the company's staff, is engaged in direct work with on-site visits. In the summer, Kurilin, a US citizen, a graduate of Hayward University in California, who previously worked in BP structures, formally resigned from Rosneft. Now, according to Gallyamov, he has devoted himself entirely to the evacuation project.

However, the position of Maduro himself remains unclear. Previously reliant on multibillion-dollar injections from the Russian Federation, the Venezuelan president began to distance himself from Putin after plans for a blitzkrieg in Ukraine failed.
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

jyng1

Post by jyng1 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:51 am

There are rumours the fall of Iran is imminent... That'd be interesting.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:22 pm

"Mega Khimki" shopping center is on fire and exploding in Moscow
https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet ... 8941630464

Suspected insurance fraud: it looks like sequences of explosions, as if wired for demolition.

Many of the foreign businesses evacuated.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fjg04dUXwAE ... name=large

It seems the explosion is on the north-east corner (the Obi German retail store is shown here, where someone died.)
https://www.euronews.com/2022/12/09/one ... ng-centres

Interestingly enough:
In March 2022, Obi closed all operations in Russia due to the Russia-Ukraine war.[5][6]
On April 27, 2022, the chain's stores began to resume work in Russia. The retailer sold its business to a Russian investor. The businessman Josef Liokumovich became the new owner. According to him, he acquired the Russian business of OBI for a symbolic price of 600 rubles (10 USD).[7]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBI_(reta ... 10%20USD).

OBI changed ownership as a result of a raider takeover – Forbes
https://tekdeeps.com/obi-changed-owners ... er-forbes/

That's how things operate in Russia. . .

Supposedly, a manufacturing plant for Nortek tires (which was inside the OBI building?) caught fire. I was kind of assuming someone from Ukraine was getting revenge for what happened to their own shopping malls (etc. . . etc. . .)
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

puerile_polyp

Post by puerile_polyp » Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:48 pm

https://www.polskieradio.pl/395/7784/Ar ... wii-leader

"Controversial WW2 leader" in this case being a euphemism for "literal Nazi who tried to genocide the Poles". That's the national hero to these "brave Ukrainians fighting for democracy". Keep simping for actual Nazis, you bunch of bloodthirsty warmongers.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:35 pm

During the 1950s, the Soviets and Chinese created propaganda posters that look a bit funny.
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best- ... ype=answer

China, Russia to Boost Ties 'At All Levels' in 2023 Despite U.S. Pressure
https://www.newsweek.com/china-russia-b ... re-1771022

Iran Deepens Its Presence Inside Latin America
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1929 ... in-america

Dot

Post by Dot » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:06 pm

puerile_polyp

Post by puerile_polyp » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:36 pm

According to Ukrainian officials, Russians have been eating babies and raping humanity. Also according to Ukrainian officials, Nazis were heroes.

Cue the "are we the baddies" clip

Dot

Post by Dot » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:21 pm

puerile_polyp wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:36 pm
According to Ukrainian officials, Russians have been eating babies and raping humanity. Also according to Ukrainian officials, Nazis were heroes.

Cue the "are we the baddies" clip
I can't figure out why other Americans are so much more annoying to me about this stuff than literally anyone else. I think it's the combination of ignorance combined with self-righteousness, like it's so easy to tell you looked up the wikipedia article about Ukraine for the first time a year ago.

My family's historical patron was the last prince of Volhynia. A lot of them were displaced during this thing you just found out about, here's one of their properties that got destroyed in the process:
unnamed.png
unnamed.png (816.9 KiB) Viewed 9132 times
Thanks for being so outraged about it, but maybe save your energy for something more productive. Ukraine isn't trying to 'genocide' Poland anymore. These two countries are helping each other.

Like Poland, Russia, and the United States, Ukraine has a dangerous far-right movement, one which could very well reassert itself as a dominant voice in the future. At this moment - we live in the year 2023 - one of the two countries involved in the war has seen 25 - 30% of its Jewish population flee, under the advice of the Chief Rabbi. That country is Russia. In your own small way, by applying it to the entirety of Ukraine, you're diluting the meaning of the word Nazi in accordance with Putin's wishes, so that he can continue to fuel his totalitarian rule with the oppression of Jews and the other minorities he's forcing to the front lines. It doesn't matter because no one important will listen to you, but congrats on successfully being annoying.

puerile_polyp

Post by puerile_polyp » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:10 pm

@Dot I see you calling me ignorant and annoying, but not actually disputing what I've said, and instead trying to change the subject back to how evil the Russians are. For my part it's pretty easy to tell that you've spent zero time questioning your own beliefs or trying to see from perspectives other than the one fed to you by western media. If you want to effectively refute me, you need to add something of substance to your insults.
Ukraine isn't trying to 'genocide' Poland anymore.
That would be pretty hard for them in their current position, wouldn't it. But they sure do worship the guy who led the effort.

Nice scare quotes too, you've almost made it into full-blown holocaust-denier territory.

Here's Zelensky calling Bandera a "defender of freedom" and only lamenting that it's confusing to name so many streets after him.

Dot

Post by Dot » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:27 pm

puerile_polyp wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:10 pm
@Dot I see you calling me ignorant and annoying, but not actually disputing what I've said, and instead trying to change the subject back to how evil the Russians are. For my part it's pretty easy to tell that you've spent zero time questioning your own beliefs or trying to see from perspectives other than the one fed to you by western media. If you want to effectively refute me, you need to add something of substance to your insults.
Ukraine isn't trying to 'genocide' Poland anymore.
That would be pretty hard for them in their current position, wouldn't it. But they sure do worship the guy who led the effort.

Nice scare quotes too, you've almost made it into full-blown holocaust-denier territory.

Here's Zelensky calling Bandera a "defender of freedom" and only lamenting that it's confusing to name so many streets after him.
The scare quotes are making fun of you for using the word genocide as a verb, not the actual genocide that my family survived. No one does that. (Though, according to academic terminology, it would be more accurate to call it an ethnic cleansing, which doesn't diminish the tragedy of it.)

As for the rest, I'd reiterate that most of your views here are too absurd to engage with. You seem to take Russian propaganda way more literally than any Russian. No one other than you and your niche Twitter friends or whoever actually thinks Ukraine has any interest in invading Poland... there's just nothing there to talk about.

[test edit]

Also, I never said and do not think that Russians are evil. You're just flailing at random imaginary arguments.
Last edited by Dot on Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.