Run-up to WW3

Worldly and otherworldly topics
puerile_polyp

Re: Run-up to WW3

Post by puerile_polyp » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:36 pm

I'm just worried about what's gonna happen to the economy as we go into winter. Not as worried as I would be if I lived in Europe, but this seems like a real crisis brewing that could have rippling effects. USA is threatening to sanction China, India, and anyone else who won't agree to their price cap on Russian oil, which just seems dumb. The West is gonna sanction most of the world now? As more and more countries are moving closer to China to get protection from all the sanctions. As another Taiwan Strait crisis is playing out. Everyone acts like it's just set in stone that the dollar is the world's reserve currency and that couldn't change, and they play so fast and loose with this shit. We've been sitting high on the horse here in the West for a long time and people don't read history and realize how easily and quickly it can all turn to shit.

I just watched Threads last night so that's not helping. Idk what to even hope for in this Ukraine war. Anything decisive would probably be cataclysmic. This isn't just about Putin's ego, this is the same old West vs East. Russia still has ballistic missile subs out there ready to annihilate everything, and now China does too. But mostly I'm worried about our fragile economy which depends on so much shit from China to keep so many people alive.
aether wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:47 pm
Russians just need to cut back on alcohol.
Ackshually Russia almost cut their alcohol consumption in half since the early 2000s https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49892339

In the same period alcohol-related deaths in the USA have doubled https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/add ... t-20-years

aether
Formerly: aether

Post by aether » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:21 pm

puerile_polyp wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:36 pm
I'm just worried about what's gonna happen to the economy as we go into winter. Not as worried as I would be if I lived in Europe, but this seems like a real crisis brewing that could have rippling effects. USA is threatening to sanction China, India, and anyone else who won't agree to their price cap on Russian oil, which just seems dumb. The West is gonna sanction most of the world now? As more and more countries are moving closer to China to get protection from all the sanctions. As another Taiwan Strait crisis is playing out. Everyone acts like it's just set in stone that the dollar is the world's reserve currency and that couldn't change, and they play so fast and loose with this shit. We've been sitting high on the horse here in the West for a long time and people don't read history and realize how easily and quickly it can all turn to shit.

I just watched Threads last night so that's not helping. Idk what to even hope for in this Ukraine war. Anything decisive would probably be cataclysmic. This isn't just about Putin's ego, this is the same old West vs East. Russia still has ballistic missile subs out there ready to annihilate everything, and now China does too. But mostly I'm worried about our fragile economy which depends on so much shit from China to keep so many people alive.
aether wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:47 pm
Russians just need to cut back on alcohol.
Ackshually Russia almost cut their alcohol consumption in half since the early 2000s https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49892339

In the same period alcohol-related deaths in the USA have doubled https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/add ... t-20-years
You must be in Europe. Go to Central America, Nicaragua, Panama, Colombia or Dominican Republic. Maybe even El Salvador. But if you want more of a European culture Buenos Aires is your best bet.

So what kind of alcohol the US consuming more of? If it’s tequila and Mexican beer, we can confirm that the trade deal with Mexico is just more crony capitalism which hurts the health of American and Central American citizens. Central America should also be prioritized for the trade deal given its poverty and under appreciation. Nicaragua as a Spanish colony along with Colombia helped beat the British in Rio San Juan del Norte (Esteli) to wrap up the war for the American Independence. Better than cinco de mayo. :dont:

puerile_polyp

Post by puerile_polyp » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:33 pm

aether wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:21 pm
You must be in Europe. Go to Central America, Nicaragua, Panama, Colombia or Dominican Republic. Maybe even El Salvador. But if you want more of a European culture Buenos Aires is your best bet.

So what kind of alcohol the US consuming more of?
No I'm in USA. And inflation in Argentina is supposed to be 95% so it doesn't sound too great right now.

It said that the highest increase in alcohol-related deaths was in white women, so I assume the increase is in barefoot pink wine, vodka cranberries, and IPAs of course. But idk really, I quit drinking in 2008.

I think the deal with Mexico is that we get the drugs and avocados, they get the guns and diabetes

aether
Formerly: aether

Post by aether » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:38 pm

We get a lot of bad shit from Mexico. There’s no Mexican I befriended. They hate ppl outside of Mexico. They are super nationalistic even Nicaragua Costa Rica, Panama Colombia, Chile and Argentina are superior to them. So, as more non-mexican immigrants are coming to the US, they will be shut down.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:48 pm

Russian energy executive dies after falling off a boat at full speed
https://www.unilad.com/news/russian-bus ... e=facebook
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:14 pm

Dangerous business being an executive in Russia these days. This guy didn't even have any anti-Putin sentiments on record. I suspect he got wacked by another mob boss looking to grab a bigger piece of the pie.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:46 pm

Hypothetical: China is already attacking Taiwan and destroying its airports.

Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

puerile_polyp

Post by puerile_polyp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:36 am

Russia is doing referendums in the occupied territories which will obviously come back in Russia's favor. Then Russia will declare that these territories are part of Russia and that they are justified in using nukes to defend them.

Another factor is that legally they have not been permitted to use conscripts due to the "special military operation" status, but after they declare these areas to be part of Russia they will be allowed to deploy conscripts there. They only sent in about 150,000 initially and they're mobilizing 300,000 more, officially.

Also I just learned that China is constructing a massive amount of ICBM silos.

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:30 pm

I don't think using nukes is the main reason for the sham referendums. I think it is mainly a ploy to justify the conscription which a "special military operation" does not technically allow for. But if one can consider this new Russian territory to be under attack, I guess conscription is kosher.

It's all b.s. anyways, Putin will do anything he wants until somebody makes him go away. The sham justifications seem pointless, but I guess he likes to go through the motions so Lavrov can rant in the UN.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:44 am

The CIA website likely compromised the identity of dozens of spies in China, that have died.

https://gizmodo.com/cia-websites-report ... 2022-09-30

Putin signed annex documents as a provocation for nuclear engagement, and NATO may soon welcome Ukraine, suggesting WW3 level of involvement.

This video wasn't blocked when it was live, though now it is? Mostly it just covered the obvious (though seems to propose more of a "Russia did nothing wrong" sentiment, without considering they are falling prey to propaganda, much as Nazi Germany had people convinced they were justified. They also seem oblivious to how the resistance movement against Russia wasn't all neo-nazis and that Putin probably has far more neo-nazi sentiment, much that compelled militia groups following WW2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQc6mJ7 ... nnel=VICE )

World War III Imminent: Russia - Ukraine Major Escalation

Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM2hT6 ... lAUnUtMLEw