Run-up to WW3

Worldly and otherworldly topics
puerile_polyp

Re: Run-up to WW3

Post by puerile_polyp » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:14 am

In other "run up to ww3" news, the latest CPI report shows that inflation is still climbing and higher than it's been in 40 years. Food, housing, fuel and vehicles are up way more than that. Of course they're going to blame Russia for all of this and not acknowledge the flurry of money printing. They are stealing from Americans by debasing the currency in order to prolong the inevitable debt default and crash.

Look, they are already saying they won't raise the interest rates. The interest rates have been so low it's essentially free money for people in a financial situation where they can leverage it. Low interest rates are another thing driving inflation, so the fed has been saying they will raise them, but I think they can't because then the federal government won't be able to cover its debt payments and will default sooner.

Meanwhile, all these problems with supply chains and shortages are expected to persist indefinitely. USA is scrambling to create semiconductor capacity but not expected to have anything until 2023 or 2024. In the meantime we're dependent on east asia, and China and Russia are cozying up and trying to become financially independent from the west. Taiwan makes 60% of the world's semiconductors, and most of the rest are from South Korea.

Does USA even have the resources to conduct military operations in Europe or Asia right now? They just blew trillions in Afghanistan for absolutely nothing and the domestic economy is teetering. I'm sure Russia knows this is a good time for making moves, and I'm sure China does too. Germany is scrambling to remilitarize. Russia sells more oil and gas to China than anywhere else, and they just made a big deal to do even more of that. Russia is now threatening to shut off gas to Europe. This would be a big deal I think, considering that when it happened for a couple weeks in 2009 it was considered a humanitarian crisis across southeastern Europe.

Things are gonna get a lot worse.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:44 am

Madrigal wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:00 pm
Just haven't had the time to post here since. I'm frustrated the talks failed again today. Is this guy really prolonging the war on his people because he won't give up the Donbass? What the fuck does he expect will happen if this is allowed to continue? Part of me thinks Zelensky is stalling for NATO involvement, which would be criminal if true. The more this lasts the more I think this guy is letting his people be slaughtered.
So Allende was a pussy for not arming his people, and Zelensky is a criminal for arming his?

Fuck all imperialistic countries for bringing war to smaller countries. I hope the Ukrainians barbecue as many of these fucking Russians as they can. And if NATO or Santa Claus or the fucking Tooth Fairy are the ones to arm them for the job, I could not give one solitary fuck.

And may Putin -- that dumb fucking Yeltsin cuck -- suffer commensurate to the suffering he has caused. May he kindly fucking suffer for the innocents that have died.

Geriatric fucking twat. I'd rip his fucking jaw in two and make his noose with that black belt.

And yes, fuck Israel, and fuck the U.S, and fuck all the other cunts who export war.

djm
Formerly: djm

Post by djm » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:10 pm

Madrigal wrote:
Just haven't had the time to post here since. I'm frustrated the talks failed again today. Is this guy really prolonging the war on his people because he won't give up the Donbass? What the fuck does he expect will happen if this is allowed to continue? Part of me thinks Zelensky is stalling for NATO involvement, which would be criminal if true. The more this lasts the more I think this guy is letting his people be slaughtered.
I love Russia, I love its people and its culture. My grandfathers family came over from Belarus and were ethnically Russian Jews (similar to Zelensky). That does not stop me wanting Putin to crash and burn.

Russia has no moral or historical rights to Ukraine, you can't have big countries taking things off small countries just because they can and the world needs to make sure Putin loses and is taken to the Hague afterwards.

The only reason that part of Ukraine has a large ethnic Russian population is because of the Holodomor genocide forced on it by the Soviet Union. The Ukrainians all starved to death and the Soviets moved Russians in.

In any event it isn't Zelensky deciding this. He alone also lacks the moral authority to decide on behalf of the Ukrainian people to cede their land to a foreign aggressor. If he surrendered tomorrow, at leats half a million Ukrainians would not drop their arms and give up, they would continue to resist.

If he steps one foot onto Nato territory I hope the British government immediately take out all the Russian air capability and cruise missile their heavy artillery positions. Frankly we should have done more to help them militarily already. I also hope we take in as many refugees as possible, none of them will be voting for the scumbag party that wanted to drop Nato, and had a leader going into the last election that is supporting Russia in this war. Thank god we are not in the EU and politically hamstrung by being tied to France, Germany and Italy who have been a disgrace to the Western world in their response to this.

Putin has to fail at all costs, if he doesn't we will give succour to other authoritarian regimes like China who will be watching this and contemplating making a move on Taiwan.

I only hope that when the dust settles that Russia finally gets to be a proper representative democracy, preferably one that is federal and has good levels of automony in its regions.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:07 am

Utisz wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:44 am
Madrigal wrote:
And may Putin -- that dumb fucking Yeltsin cuck -- suffer commensurate to the suffering he has caused. May he kindly fucking suffer for the innocents that have died.
Putin is certainly a disgusting thug.

A person commented in that video about a disappearing Judo student, who Putin "allowed" to throw him.

UCC 930ml: "In our country, Japan, there is a junior high school student judoka who threw President Putin. The July 2000 Okinawa Summit (G8, a summit meeting of the leaders of eight major countries), at its welcoming event. At first, when they were grappling with each other, the junior high school student was hesitant to throw his techniques at President Putin, but then he said, "Don't be afraid of me, do it without reservation" And so, as President Putin appealed to him with such a sharp look in his eyes, the junior high school student had no choice but to throw him away, shaking and almost crying with fear. A few months later, without informing his relatives, teachers, or friends, the junior high school student disappeared without a trace and is still missing to this day... Btw, the 10-year-old girl who threw President Putin at the Kodokan in September of the same year suddenly vomited and convulsed during dinner at her home and was hospitalized urgently, and is still in a vegetative state after being detected as highly poisonous. Around dinner time, neighbors saw several suspicious foreigners leaving the vicinity of the girl's house at a fast pace 🥶"

Though I couldn't find documents to corroborate the Japan claim, it kind of does seem possible given Putin's track record.

Orders to Kill: The Putin Regime and Political Murder by Amy Knight
https://willzuzak.ca/cl/bookreview/Knig ... ToKill.pdf

On another note, I also believe this is happening with China (and Iran which just attacked a US Embassy in Iraq.)
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

starjots

Post by starjots » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:54 pm

jyng1 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:01 pm
Madrigal wrote:
I see that point of view quite a lot. "Why doesn't he just give up and give Putin what he wants?". France could have easily stopped WWII by stopping Germany remilitarising the Rhineland in 1936. There's no evidence that capitulating to blatant breaches of the rules based international order stops further breaches and prevents escalation.

And anyway; Putin is losing. He's got maybe three weeks... (and he can never hold Ukraine even if he takes it, it would bankrupt Russia).
As for appeasement, Ukraine has been appeasing Russia up until now. When Russia stole the Crimea is 2014 they didn't fight, when Russia started a civil war in the eastern part of the country and sent in proxy fighters, they kept the conflict local.

I can understand their desire to protect their nation rather than let it get subsumed back into a petro-mob state where truth is now officially against the law.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:55 am

AI drones have been used in war, and Israel has already used it to attack Iran.

https://www.freethink.com/series/hard-r ... FLfCS7ugeU

Robots will make it easier for nations to not hold themselves accountable if all they are required to do is respond to perceived threats and neutralize them. Does putting a person behind the control of a vehicle allow for a government to place the blame squarely on people or does it give less chance of having witnesses report on criminal acts of government?

A WikiLeaks video: 'Collateral murder' in Iraq, shows videos from the gun turret by a very specific pilot named 'Crazy Horse 18' who seemed unaffected by sending missiles into a house where a person had been seen carrying a rifle, and even prior to launching them would have seen a random person walking in front of the building, which when exploded had another person come to check on them to see if they could rescue the person, who then had another missile launch into the building likely causing complete disintegration of their body. Was this "human error" or someone who was depersonalizing at the time he pushed the button?

Looking at autopilot control on EV cars they have a tendency to crash into semi-trucks that are turned over on a highway. The reason you still find Captcha for log in is because AI doesn't tend to be able to discern perceived details that under most conditions would be self-evident. Only in retrospect can it seem evident when errors are occurring as not enough details will stand out to make good decisions, and even then sometimes it seems clear that people deliberately act on what little details exist for them to decide on perceived threats.

A more well-known Crazy Horse 18 video shows the moment two journalist for Reuters (who are seen carrying messenger bags) are seen blown to pieces along with 10 other people, amongst them, a van stopped to try and rescue those affected which had children inside, who would also be blown across the street. Prior to engagement and approval to attack, the pilot and co-pilot identified what they perceived were rifles and a missile launcher. When the story was released to the public the media had a hard time noticing whether what they had wasn't just tripods and camera equipment (though I do believe they legitimately had people carrying rifles for whatever reason,) and since the news often has people jump to conclusions about what they are looking at, how likely is it that an AI would respond to perceived threats any better (and would the missile strikes be an appropriate response to perceived threats if it ultimately puts more lives in danger with potential for more casualties and if an AI is truly unbiased and would rather put more military personnel in danger to reduce total numbers of deaths, would it be overridden, or presumably someone standing behind a monitor decides to let it engage with what seems to be a rational decision?

How accountable would people be, if just like the 9/11 buildings the vast majority of people are unaccounted for because the force of impact leaves very little evidence?

Of course, it does seem like AI at some capacity is already being implemented if you consider things like Stuxnet to have free autonomy, which initially was less overt but quickly became augmented by other intel agencies (thus became more noticeable which is what exposed the program.) It's really the people that decide to use AI to assist in making better decisions which is why you don't want a Curtis LeMay behind the trigger button.

Update: It seems Gen. Curtis LeMay wasn't as crazy as people portray him as; example: https://www.historyonthenet.com/dr-stra ... rtis-lemay
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:41 pm

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:33 am

This is Vladimir Kara-Murza. one of several people which Putin often has direct intent to kill. Kara-Murza had a mentor that was poisoned and killed, and he learned to avoid the same fate.

Before Navalny, a long history of Russian poisonings
https://abcnews.go.com/International/na ... d=72579648

Roman Abramovich was poisoned upon negotiating with Ukraine in March 3rd (I heard of more recent discussions where he presented Putin with a letter of negotiation which he ignored and wadded it up as Putin says, "I will destroy them (Ukraine.)"
https://www.businessinsider.com/roman-a ... nyt-2022-3

Another article on Abramovich https://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddawki ... e677e75476

If history is any indication, the Bolshevik revolution began when Russian Tsar Peter hoped to win a war with Japan, which only increased tensions within Russia.

https://babel.ua/ru/texts/77476-114-yea ... ublication

Ukraine might be Putin's last, especially knowing he had no intention of stopping at Ukraine.
Last edited by Catoptric on Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:50 am

Full video (it's about 20 minutes longer.) https://www.theepochtimes.com/will-amer ... 03-23-2022

A surprisingly interesting account:
How a Soviet Scam in the 1980s Left New Zealand Vulnerable to Communist China Today
https://www.theepochtimes.com/how-a-sov ... 21179.html

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:14 am

A $1 billion palace was built along the black sea (the same one that is contested with Ukrainian cities) allegedly belonging to Putin (though the money for it is tied to various other billionaires, all of who could not possibly all have possession of it, which implies concealed money is being used to fund it under false fronts.)

'Putin's Palace'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putin%27s_Palace

The 'Golden Insanity': Putin's Alleged Palace in Photos
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/01/ ... tos-a76162

Vladimir Putin’s £1bn palace built with illicit funds, says Alexei Navalny from prison cell (has paywall.)
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/vlad ... -plflch3ft

'Putin's palace': Builders' story of luxury, mould and fake walls
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56007943

The construction was funded by the government. . . The Russian people should be rightfully pissed if they aren't.

Navalny was arrested upon his return to Moscow.

Film released early in 2021.

A man named Sergei Magnitsky died in prison when he assisted an American to investigate how Putin extorts billionaires and has money stored away in offshore accounts. Similarly, Navalny could die in prison as result of his investigation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Magnitsky