Help me choose a painting to buy

Worldly and otherworldly topics
SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Help me choose a painting to buy

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat May 15, 2021 8:48 pm

Hi miss um I'm on the market for some art.

Yes, I'm full of wonderful surprises aren't I.

I would like to buy one of your Mashy paintings (prints, Daddy's pension didn't make me rich dangit).

Mhm.

Will you help me choose one please?

Did you know Mashy's an unofficial member of the intellectual dark web? Yeah just read her stuff yo. Also, she's part robot cause she eats computer chips.

Exhibit A.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Or

Exhibit B.
Hidden Content
She's almost human looking here. She's a contradiction of knowing a ton of shit and being kinda naive. I say that truthfully because her paintings are amazing but she doesn't advertise them as such because maybe she doesn't know it...

Or

Exhibit C.
Hidden Content
Or

Exhibit D.
Hidden Content
C'mon which one people I ain't got's all week!
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Tags:

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Re: Help me choose a painting to buy

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sat May 15, 2021 11:43 pm

The computer chip one is good for a woman who can relate to being robot-like or into computers. If I had that one I guess I'd put it near my computer. Someone who relates more could put it anywhere.

The second one works for a Mashy fan. It's the only one that looks like her IIRC (the first is probably a match too though). It may be inspired by her being into flowers. It gives me an idea for a future girlfriend or girl-other who I have influence over. I'd like to see a girl make the tip of her nose match the color of her lipstick and mascara.

I'm guessing three is her too. Pretty girl of the right age even if the color of stuff and nose is different. Plus there's a flower. Notice how the freckles match the flower spots. I think this is the nicest one. It's feminine though. They all are though.

Speaking of feminine, the last one has a pink background. I'll go out on a limb and say this isn't a self portrait, but it would be interesting if it was. On second thought, I'm 50/50 on whether it's a self portrait. I wouldn't get the most feminine of the feminine paintings. Wait...the freckles! I'm pretty sure it's a self portrait.

Conclusion: You're not computer-like. The first one is best for someone who is. Though you're into Mashy and computers so it works. So, I don't know. Second one works for you but the third arguably looks nicer, though less artistic. I would choose the second or third. If not the first.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun May 16, 2021 12:12 am

(Edited)

I'm fond of Mashy and all the other chicks on here like friends lol. Like friends I can be myself around. Yeah, 2 or 3 have Mashy spice all over 'em. I like to imagine the polygonal shapes on her face in no. 2 as tree bark subjected to nails/puncture wounds which it's bark's grown up around totally concealing it across time. The rings are contorted and represent individual pain. Btw, such a strange orientation, the living toward the inanimate. We're ignorant to their enriching plant and otherwise narratives/object lessons.

Highly Irregular, I like Mashy because she's authentic.

Anyone else want to comment with their take on this art?
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Sun May 16, 2021 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sun May 16, 2021 12:16 am

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:12 am
I like to imagine the polygonal shapes on her face in no. 2 as tree rings that are jumbled because of being subjected to nails/puncture wounds which it's bark's grown up around totally concealing it across time.
Ooo...that's good. I bet you're right!

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun May 16, 2021 12:18 am

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:16 am
SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:12 am
I like to imagine the polygonal shapes on her face in no. 2 as tree rings that are jumbled because of being subjected to nails/puncture wounds which it's bark's grown up around totally concealing it across time.
Ooo...that's good. I bet you're right!
Yeah edited it. But I prefer to rely on your community member input. Now both are on display. Thanks man

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon May 17, 2021 5:41 pm

I'm gonna buy the A5 version of the 2nd print of Mashy's artwork. I look forward to receiving it. But am not averse to enjoying the irony of not receiving it. that would be funny. :nope: :cry: :hurt:

if so, I'll get my vigilante superhero, Mikey, to pop a can of whoop-arse (Aussie version) and use her special skill set for knives and pyrokinesis heh.

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Tue May 18, 2021 3:49 am

Number 2 looks most appealing of those selections to my eye.

However, I think Mashy does some more abstract stuff, so I would probably look for something along those lines if it was me. Assuming she has some for sale in her catalog.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Tue May 18, 2021 4:08 am

Senseye wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:49 am
Number 2 looks most appealing of those selections to my eye.

However, I think Mashy does some more abstract stuff, so I would probably look for something along those lines if it was me. Assuming she has some for sale in her catalog.
Aha! I'm gonna revisit Mashyville and scourer her secret lair where she hides the top shelf abstract art. Oh Maaaashy?! I'm not particularly thrilled about being seen as Mashy-ogglying fanboy. She's lovely and all'a dat but, I like your suggestion better Senseye. :clap:

I wonder if her etherium is counterfeit or real - the promised reward for winning at her Bandersnatch styled game.

Mashy

Post by Mashy » Tue May 18, 2021 5:41 am

This was a bit unexpected. I'm quitting my job sometime soon so I need the extra cash. Thanks Monkeyboy.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Tue May 18, 2021 6:02 am

Good, now we can chat about business. So here's the thing the goods for the dough. I need something special, more abstract than what I posted in a print. Maybe you can find a couple of 'em, I wanted to buy them,= like yesterday. Hope you're well. Ever gotten into graffiti or do anything edgy in the arena of art or whatever? Also, if you were a villainess your superpowers would be controlling potting soil. Rar... jk later.