Worldly and otherworldly topics
Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Re: Nifty neologisms that don't deserve their own thread

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:05 pm

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:45 pm
Julius_Van_Der_Beak wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:57 pm
You know people in other countries get month-long vacations, right?
I don't picture our adversaries being among those countries.
Maybe the best way to preserve our way of life isn't to emulate China and Russia, though?

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:16 pm

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:05 pm
Maybe the best way to preserve our way of life isn't to emulate China and Russia, though?
Or to keep adding holidays every few years forever. Ok, add more until it amounts to a month of vacation time, then stop.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:13 pm

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:16 pm
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:05 pm
Or to keep adding holidays every few years forever. Ok, add more until it amounts to a month of vacation time, then stop.
Sure, why not?

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:49 pm

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:13 pm
Sure, why not?
Because I know someone will find something new after a month of holidays and demonize the holiday Nazis who say it's enough. I want a holiday restricting amendment.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:34 am

Ye're doing alright competition wise, wouldn't worry about that. Even if you improved competition, the profits will just end up in the pockets of a few anyways. Give folks the day off and work on wealth inequality I say.

HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:43 pm

I'd forgotten what Juneteenth was and about this thread. This year i mostly heard it's the anniversary of Texas ending slavery but that begs the question why don't we celebrate when other states ended slavery? Was Texas the last holdout? I even researched it a little but I feel it's time to complain.

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:24 am

HighlyIrregular II wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:43 pm
I'd forgotten what Juneteenth was and about this thread. This year i mostly heard it's the anniversary of Texas ending slavery but that begs the question why don't we celebrate when other states ended slavery? Was Texas the last holdout? I even researched it a little but I feel it's time to complain.
Juneteenth is about celebrating the damaged minds and deferred dreams of multigenerational slave progeny. And a time to fall off the sobriety wagon and beg for reparations. What. Shuddup. California is handing out money and free tuition to blacks? I hope this creates community unity.
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:12 pm

Yesterday wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:24 am
Juneteenth is about celebrating the damaged minds and deferred dreams of multigenerational slave progeny. And a time to fall off the sobriety wagon and beg for reparations. What. Shuddup. California is handing out money and free tuition to blacks? I hope this creates community unity.
Do you think there will come a time when you could stay on the wagon? Do you need to move away from your facilitator friends or something?

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:00 am

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:12 pm
Yesterday wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:24 am
Do you think there will come a time when you could stay on the wagon? Do you need to move away from your facilitator friends or something?
Broski, everyday is sober October for me baby. If you closely read what I wrote I didn't have to get drunk because I got what I want. C'mone naw mang. Sheesh. I gottuh go git my check. You should be supportive not dismissive of my wherewithal and my rehab colleagues.

Some people hmph! Don't hate, appreciate. :cheers:
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:53 pm

hmph
Dude, I'm the only one here who ever tried working out that issue with you. I'm not hating. You've posted about your cocaine use several times. From recent posts it sounded like you went back to rehab, were possibly sober for a minute, and relapsed again.