Yesterday

Re: AAA: Ask America Anything

Post by Yesterday » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:52 am

Utisz wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:19 am
Yesterday wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:45 am
Take that uncle Sam.
I know Uncle Sam, but I don't know Uncle Sam. Wondering how many of y'all know the origin of the phrase without Googling it'? Is it like 100%, like everyone knows?

Another question that was in the back of my mind (mostly for the U.S., but also for Canada or whatever country really): if you had to ask a foreigner a question to figure out whether or not they were born and raised in your country, what would it be? (Not a shibboleth ... not pronunciation based.)

(As an Irish person, such a question would be trivial; I'd just ask something we know from school as gaeilge. But also as an Irish person, I feel like any such question from the U.S. at least I should be able to hazard a guess at. Maybe I'm full of shit though to think that?)
My rep is supposed to mean that I have multiple personalities - so I'm that kinda crazy too.

:cheers:
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:38 am

Yesterday wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:52 am
My rep is supposed to mean that I have multiple personalities - so I'm that kinda crazy too.
Were your other personalities also on this forum? :vcool:

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:35 pm

I had to google Uncle Sam too.

Utisz, you are clearly not an American based on your gridiron football knowledge, although you have the general gist of things.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:17 am

Senseye wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:35 pm
Utisz, you are clearly not an American based on your gridiron football knowledge, although you have the general gist of things.
I'll take it. :cool:

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:48 pm

edited better question: Do you think foreign women are more narcissistic than American women, like from an American perspective?
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:03 pm

Yesterday wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:48 pm
edited better question: Do you think foreign women are more narcissistic than American women, like from an American perspective?
The ones who wear veils aren't. The ones who have fewer rights than American women aren't. Maybe a British woman. They have that Lovey Howell accent.

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:12 pm

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:03 pm
Yesterday wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:48 pm
The ones who wear veils aren't. The ones who have fewer rights than American women aren't. Maybe a British woman. They have that Lovey Howell accent.
Ok thanks.
ENTP

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:57 am

2) Watch the video and answer the following questions [9 marks]

2.a) What are the Gardaí in Co. Kerry investigating?
2.b) What can anyone see, according to Mikey Joe?
2.c) On what day did Mikey Joe O'Shea bring his flock of Scotch sheep down from the mountain comanage ahead of lambing?
2.d) How many did he discover were missing and how many is he convinced were stolen?
2.e) Who could go up on a mountain of a night shur?
2.f) What can be done about the missing sheep according to Mikey Joe?
2.g) Where were they according to Mikey O'Shea's neighbour?
2.h) What is Mikey O'Shea's neighbour missing ten of?
2.i) What does Mikey O'Shea's neighbour think is needed to steal sheep with?

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:58 pm

I'm gonna listen to other Irish (or whatever it is lol) language samples to better pick up on the English dialect and I'll get back to you.
:lol:
ENTP

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Sun May 29, 2022 8:41 am

Will the school shooting continue at the same rate for the foreseeable future?
Or will something substantial change?