Post Your Dream

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Madrigal

Re: Post Your Dream

Post by Madrigal » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:32 am

starjots wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:20 am
Last night's dream: I was in some sort of biology class that was taught by my high school german teacher.
Am I the only one who knew this was gonna go badly. xD

elfsprin

Post by elfsprin » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:53 am

Have folks here experienced recurring dreams?

I had 4-5 recurring dreams all throughout my childhood; many recurrences, as in over a couple dozen for each. I did end up lucid dreaming without trying, so in some iterations I was aware it was a dream and tried to manipulate outcomes, and in other iterations I was not aware it was a dream though I usually knew something along the lines of "I've done this before."
Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity - Simone Weil

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:36 am

I had a recurring dream recently where I wasn't able to run fast. I ran fast at first, then my body gave out and I was way slower than other people. I've had dreams where I couldn't run fast at all, so this one is an improvement. Maybe it's because I know I'm getting old. The dream doesn't really bother me.

elfsprin

Post by elfsprin » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:58 am

Huh. My recurring dreams, with one exception, were all about my family abandoning me or me having to save my family.

The exception was a weird dream where I was a vampire and a human at different points in the dream. It centered around flying. As a vampire I was just flying freeform around a medieval-ish city; there was an intense purpose, something I was trying to do, but I don't know that I knew what it was. As a human I flew on an inner-tube. I had that dream a bunch of times until once, I was at a school-like setting and I needed to fly away (as a human) so I laid on my inner tube and closed my eyes but it wouldn't fly. Then I realized I had no idea how I had made it fly before. Other people fell on me (as in attacked me) and I woke up.

I never had that dream again, which was too bad because it was very enjoyable.

starjots

Post by starjots » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:04 am

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:36 am
I had a recurring dream recently where I wasn't able to run fast. I ran fast at first, then my body gave out and I was way slower than other people. I've had dreams where I couldn't run fast at all, so this one is an improvement. Maybe it's because I know I'm getting old. The dream doesn't really bother me.
I used to have similar recurring dreams, except I was crossing a road. I saw the car coming, had plenty of time to walk across, but the further I got into the street the harder it got to move, like I was in quick sand or something, until all I could to was struggle to move at all. And of course, the car just kept coming.

Another common dream in the past was signing up for a university class and then forgetting all about it until finals day, followed by a desperate search for where the damn class was meeting so I could take the test. I think this is a pretty common dream for many people.

Never flew in any dream I ever recalled.

starjots

Post by starjots » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:06 am

Madrigal wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:32 am
starjots wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:20 am
Last night's dream: I was in some sort of biology class that was taught by my high school german teacher.
Am I the only one who knew this was gonna go badly. xD
She was a nice young woman IRL, but in this dream she was stereotypically German. I think she represented the unforgiving nature of life.

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:00 pm

starjots wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:04 am
I used to have similar recurring dreams, except I was crossing a road. I saw the car coming, had plenty of time to walk across, but the further I got into the street the harder it got to move, like I was in quick sand or something, until all I could to was struggle to move at all. And of course, the car just kept coming.
I wonder if those dreams are caused by being partially aware of your sleep-paralyzed body.

elfsprin

Post by elfsprin » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:32 pm

starjots wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:04 am

Another common dream in the past was signing up for a university class and then forgetting all about it until finals day, followed by a desperate search for where the damn class was meeting so I could take the test. I think this is a pretty common dream for many people.
I used to have those all the time as well. Showing up for the final, trying to brazen it out. A couple times instead of stressing out and trying to sit for the test, I'd just decide it didn't matter and would leave.

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:42 pm

I went out, maybe to return something to a store. I saw an Elizabeth Montgomery look-alike in the street, looking in a store window. She was being filmed. I went into a store where her production crew was, overheard the name of the show she was in or a related song or something and wrote it down. I had a discussion about me getting a part. They considered making me some kind of antagonist, maybe it was to replace Jonathan Harris (Lost in Space). I felt I was right for it. Then they discussed making me Samantha's husband. Then Samantha came in. She was some kind of robot or manufactured facsimile of some sort. Then Darren came in. Some others too, I think Endora. They were all fakes. I got all up in Sam's face and she turned to look directly at me. In some dreams I'd kiss a girl in that situation but I was satisfied just getting a good look. Darren complemented me for accomplishing that.

starjots

Post by starjots » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:55 pm

Dream fragment

I'm at a party with young people, maybe a high school graduation but they 'kids' seem more like my kid's age (20s). There is a lot of chaos, and a young lady wants to ask me something, starts rambling on, only to be interrupted by chaotic events. After a few times, I ask her to just tell me what she wants before we get interrupted again.

She is applying to go to college at University of New Mexico and there is a question about what country she would like to live in. This question was really stressing this person out.

So I answered, well, you could always say the United States. Even though these are dark times, it shows a commitment to your country, because - it's your life.

Note: I've toyed with the idea of becoming an expat if certain things happen in this country, which seems unlikely. But I think the mind is mulling it over at night and will let me know if needed.