Post Your Dream

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Yesterday

Re: Post Your Dream

Post by Yesterday » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:22 pm

I live in a room with two other men. Cozy situation. I've been waking myself up in a huff, all worked up and hollering nonsense I think because I can't have my way. I've realized I hadn't been assertive enough in real life so it was reflected in my dreams. I then watched Jordan Peterson blab about the the side effects of inauthenticity on the endocrine system. That his tummy would go "ugh" and hands would go clammy and stuff. But if he kept it real the symptoms of being a lonely simp would subside. I sometimes want to say stuff to my roommates like, "you gone clean that up sucka?" - in my native tongue of jive talk that I only ever use in my head. But instead I'll say, "If you want I'll do our dishes after we eat what I've cooked. Then you can do them next time!" But they never do it. In my dreams I have an afro and walk differently too. Like with a rhythmic certainty that I'll get my own way or else, kinda thing.

Anyway I started whispering sorry after each abrupt outburst from sleep to make sure roommates 1 and 2 don't try to kill me in my sleep. Cody's a real cereal killer - Cheerios, Corn Flakes, fuckin devours them loud, especially at night before right when I'm falling asleep. Stephen rarely speaks, but when he does it creepy quiet. Like he's hiding a deadly secret of shyness. Uh uh don't trust a man who can't turn up the volume. But they like me. Anyway, totally unrelated. I've taken to standing in the bathroom mirror whilst trying to make my reflection, FLINCH! HUH, what'd you say?! That's what I thought. And my hands are less clammy now. I'm pretty sure that's what JP was referring to in that lecture.

If you think I don't have friends, well Jack, y'all straight tripping. I'm a real cool cat.
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

starjots

Post by starjots » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:33 pm

Madrigal wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:29 pm
I dreamed it was nuclear war.
Yikes. Dark times indeed. It's not out of the question, I think all of this is a reminder what a good thing it would be if we could get rid of almost all of the nukes.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:54 am

elfsprin was in my dream, I think we were at a party?

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:58 pm

I had a dream that Utisz's website was actually a taxicab he drove around and the threads we post in were conversations had in his car.

ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."

starjots

Post by starjots » Thu May 19, 2022 7:28 am

A twist on the thread's title. I dreamed of a solar powered RV and rambled on about it quite a bit on the old site. Something that matches that vision has now been built. So, dreams can come true, if only by proxy.

starjots

Post by starjots » Thu May 26, 2022 4:05 pm

I was a bird's eye observer to a military attack on a checkpoint manned by a soldier. Firing began and my view zoomed in on the defender's face. He was hit, was unable to move, more shots, then from his facial expressions, hit again, and he started to die, struggling for breath. I woke up. Very unpleasant.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Sun May 29, 2022 11:55 pm

starjots wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:05 pm
I was a bird's eye observer to a military attack on a checkpoint manned by a soldier. Firing began and my view zoomed in on the defender's face. He was hit, was unable to move, more shots, then from his facial expressions, hit again, and he started to die, struggling for breath. I woke up. Very unpleasant.
I don't remember if you were ever in the military?

starjots

Post by starjots » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:18 am

Utisz wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 11:55 pm
starjots wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:05 pm
I don't remember if you were ever in the military?
I was, but never saw combat.

starjots

Post by starjots » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:18 am

I think I've been following this (tragic) Ukrainian situation too closely. It's not normal for me to remember dark dreams.

There's a lot of fear to be had out there in the world at the moment. And as someone or some movie person said, fear is the enemy.

So here's to normal, baffling, ordinary dreams.

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:10 am

I just woke up from a dream. Wanna know what it was about? That I wanted TP. Forrr my bunghole. :lol:
ENTP