Post Your Dream

Worldly and otherworldly topics
starjots

Re: Post Your Dream

Post by starjots » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:15 pm

Roger Mexico wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:49 am

I had a Ptah dream once, years ago.

Basically I was in Chicago and some huge natural disaster was happening. Most of the city was in ruins, and I was wandering around with a dozen or so other survivors frantically searching for a place to take shelter from whatever the still-present danger was.

Then I remembered that Ptah lived in Chicago, and also that he'd built a large subterranean bunker complex under his house.

So I suggested to the crowd that we go to Ptah's house and ask if we could hide out in his bunker.

But when we got there he said "No, fuck you, you can't use my bunker--I store all my Transformers toys down there."
:P
This would only be more perfect if there was an out of control trolley car bearing down on you.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:16 pm

@Ashi For the past week I've been waking up in cold sweats. My sleep wear drenched in body juices. All I recall is some kind of female voice. Just laughing. As the voice gets nearer it starts to cackle like some deranged character from D&D absorbed in the throws of schadenfreude. Whoever she is, she's tormenting and IT NEEDS TO STOOOP! :devil:
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:53 am

In recent years I've experienced more twilight zone half-dreams. I get lucid dreams sometimes too, but the half-dreams are a little different. Sometimes I'll be awake thinking of something, then the thoughts get more dream-like but I don't feel fully asleep, then I wake up. Maybe it's mostly when I'm napping. I don't recall the details of any of those type half-dreams, but earlier today I had one where I kind of woke up, then I was thinking of my dream but couldn't recall much of it. I can only give a vague description but I'm not sure I was thinking or dreaming anything more substantial than this...there were about three people or objects next to each other. I pictured the one to the left and it reminded me of part of the dream but I couldn't remember any more. Then I pictured the one on the right and that reminded me of part of the dream too, but I wasn't getting any further than that. It might have been that whatever the dream was, it was so haphazard that nothing could be used to trigger memory of a substantial part of it. You kind of had to be there...

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:40 am

I dreamed I was in a foreign land looking for a place to buy a curry dinner. I was really hungry and only ran into a place selling empanadas. I asked if they were Arg-- Uruguayan? And they said yes, Uruguayan. I bought the empanadas beause I gave up on finding any curries. It wasn't in Uruguay.

starjots

Post by starjots » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:07 pm

Dream fragment

I was standing with my back next to a wall. With my feet fixed, I started rotating at the waist until I was facing the wall and kept going around another complete rotation to face the wall again (540 degrees).

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:38 am

starjots wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:07 pm
Dream fragment

I was standing with my back next to a wall. With my feet fixed, I started rotating at the waist until I was facing the wall and kept going around another complete rotation to face the wall again (540 degrees).
Did it become a lucid dream?

ashi

Post by ashi » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:05 am

FBI agent Tom Hiddleston was sent to investigate my "communistic development principles"(?) and was especially keen on confiscating my Nintendo Gamecube memory cards. I was cornered, distraction wasn't viable, seduction obviously futile, so I availed myself of the only possible way out: I reached for my mandolin, he drew his guitar, and we duelled. We traded bars in heated conflict, my resolve tested by his impossible speed and dexterity, but in the end my melancholy noodling left him in tears and I fled into the night.

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:46 pm

IIRC, I was in a school and there was a flood alert so I went outside and walked a few blocks. Then, as usual in my dreams, I couldn't find my way back, but someone gave me directions. I still missed the school but something looked familiar and I told the guy I could find it now and I wasn't concerned. I don't think I found it while looking for it but I was back at the school later in the dream.

starjots

Post by starjots » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:20 am

Madrigal wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:38 am

No, I never got the hang of that skill.

Last night's dream: I was in some sort of biology class that was taught by my high school german teacher. We worked in groups of two, my partner being a friend from junior high who I used to play basketball with long ago but have rarely thought of in 45 years. Anyway, the first assignment he basically did all by himself, it was great.

So I said I'd do the next assignment, something to do with pulling the spine out of a small animal and writing up the results. I had a one page write up and a rough sketch when the day rolled around to turn it in, clearly not very good work and I didn't want to really pull that spine out. But I didn't want to throw it back on my partner. So I procrastinated and procrastinated some more as the hours rolled by. Finally, in desperation I walked over to the school to ask my german teacher turned biology teacher for an extension, arriving in time to witness her dressing down another student who turned in their work late, one letter grade off and detention one day a week for the rest of the semester. So I slunk away back to the apartment (?) and looked at my shitty work and the cut in half small mammal. And the clock just keep going around and I knew I should just turn the damn thing in as is, but I couldn't bring myself to do and by the time I woke up I was clearly missing class.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:56 pm

starjots wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:20 am
Madrigal wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:38 am

No, I never got the hang of that skill.

Last night's dream: I was in some sort of biology class that was taught by my high school german teacher. We worked in groups of two, my partner being a friend from junior high who I used to play basketball with long ago but have rarely thought of in 45 years. Anyway, the first assignment he basically did all by himself, it was great.

So I said I'd do the next assignment, something to do with pulling the spine out of a small animal and writing up the results. I had a one page write up and a rough sketch when the day rolled around to turn it in, clearly not very good work and I didn't want to really pull that spine out. But I didn't want to throw it back on my partner. So I procrastinated and procrastinated some more as the hours rolled by. Finally, in desperation I walked over to the school to ask my german teacher turned biology teacher for an extension, arriving in time to witness her dressing down another student who turned in their work late, one letter grade off and detention one day a week for the rest of the semester. So I slunk away back to the apartment (?) and looked at my shitty work and the cut in half small mammal. And the clock just keep going around and I knew I should just turn the damn thing in as is, but I couldn't bring myself to do and by the time I woke up I was clearly missing class.
You better go back to sleep mister. :sick:
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi