Little gusts of hot air that don't deserve their own thread.

Worldly and otherworldly topics
SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Re: Little gusts of hot air that don't deserve their own thread.

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:31 pm

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:21 am
I once wanted to make a thread where we show out most masculine and feminine items but I didn't like how my photo came out. I still don't have a photo, but I have a sledge hammer and miniature flowers for crafts. Tonight I climbed to the top of an 8 foot ladder at Home Depot to take down a box of hard hats. That's a contender for the most masculine action category. I'm not sure whether that was allowed, even though there are built-in handrails. I guess it could be dangerous if you over-reach. There was a tag with a bunch of instructions in small print that I didn't read. I didn't see a "for employees only" sign.

I also operated a drywall sander for the first time. If it was earlier I'd consider buying a meatball hero to make it a complete day of manliness.

...actually, it was just rolling stairs. I don't think it counts as a ladder. :(

I'm gonna put on something silky and have a cup of tea.

Been doing research for the sake of my manhood. They're called rolling ladders, but the one I was on was probably built for forward descent, meaning you could face the direction you're moving when going down, like stairs. But it's still technically a ladder. :confused:
This is a genuinely interesting read. When the cocaine wears off I'd be down to have a go at such a thread. Later bud. *blows nose*
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:50 am

I like that piece of art aka the 2015 thriller The Invitation. Talk about sedintary cardio. I almost had a heart attack when the unctuous and oily tone went all slasher genre.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:44 pm

Today I'm mailing a condolence letter with a Big Bird stamp. All my first class stamps are Sesame Street characters and Big Bird is probably the best one. I could go to the post office and hope they have something else but it's kind of far. It's better than using a Christmas stamp for a Happy Hanukkah card, I think, but I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing.

I also have reservations about every part of the content of the letter that's not textbook condolence stuff. I want it a little personal and he sent me a long, two page letter so I added some extra stuff. I deal with other people's questionable writing all the time and I think he shouldn't interpret my stuff in a bad way, but he still might. For example, I have a ton of family photos that he may or may not be interested in and I said I have to sort them and I need a new scanner with software that makes them easier to scan and when I eventually scan everything I can send him a thumb drive with the photos. He may think I should just offer to send him the actual photos or I should hire a scanning service or I should have done this long ago.

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:25 pm

I want this but I don't trust the seller and the photo doesn't match the description. I forgot what kind of protection Ebay would give me. I probably won't risk it but I'm still thinking about it. :confused:

He may have half filled it with water if I get it at all. I don't think I'll buy it.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:07 pm

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:25 pm
I want this but I don't trust the seller and the photo doesn't match the description. I forgot what kind of protection Ebay would give me. I probably won't risk it but I'm still thinking about it. :confused:

He may have half filled it with water if I get it at all. I don't think I'll buy it.
I'd pull the trigger youngster. But see I'm an old head when it comes to chancing it with online purchases. If the seller's American, then you've nothing to worry about. We like to keep ourselves clean. 'Merica! :lol: (btw, if you disagree it'd be difficult to convince me it's not because of my beedie eyes and button nose mkay)

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:05 am

I will NOT work in a cast iron building! I didn't want to work in Manhattan to begin with and I was pretty firm about it but I considered it for a second and looked up where I was thinking of working, and it turns out it's a cast iron building! They brag about it like it's a good thing! I did some research and I don't trust cast iron construction. It was a brief fad that was replaced by steel.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:11 pm

Hi you. Ever wanted to be the first person to be informed about something? Well now's your chance. Come get your regular dose of autistiphrenic comedy 1-7 days a weeks. Hi ya! *karate chop scowl*

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:38 pm

I was recently in a big discussion about whether it's correct to say "tell us how you could be reached" as opposed to "...can be reached." I checked an old dictionary and noticed the word coulee. I vaguely remember that word being used to refer to some private part in grade school, but that use isn't even in the Urban Dictionary. Is that usage totally forgotten? I never knew its proper meaning was a deep ravine or gulch. It's not a word that kids from Brooklyn would know. It was probably an adult who made up the slang term that us kids used to use. I wonder if it was a local term.
Last edited by HighlyIrregular on Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

elfsprin

Post by elfsprin » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:38 am

It's annoying AF when people on NPR say "pleaded guilty" instead of "pled guilty."

My spouse always laughs at me when I rage about this.
Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity - Simone Weil

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:43 pm

January will be all about Russia taking over the Ukraine and the James Webb Telescope. At least to me. If they find life, I wonder which news story would be first on American TV.