No votes
3. Who duh huh? I own know.
No votes

Total votes: 1

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

ACA: Ask Catoptric Anything

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:03 pm

Hi Catoptric. Well aren't you a fascinating person. What with your carefully written posts investigating paranormal, politics, history, video games and such. I'd be understating it claiming you've a neat reputation for making eclectic posts on intp forums.

How is life treating you?
Are you professionally working as a real estate agent or is that off limits?
Ever had other jobs you wouldn't mind sharing, you seem kinda knowledgeable about stuff and things?
How do you make time to watch such long documentaries that you post?
Why are you so thoughtful in sharing as you do?
After watching your Youtube channel I'm compelled to ask how goes the coffee bean roasting?
Also, how's your family, given the insane pandemic thing?
Do you take feedback personally?
Are you a sensitive person?
What makes you laugh, what makes you emotionally inconsolable?
Does this line of questioning make you uncomfortable?
Is it weird I kind of admire you for being curious about stuff I'm not?

Answer at your leisure mister and enjoy your day. :hi:

P.S. feel free to carry on a bit in your responses as you know I'm fond of your writing style. Honestly, I tend to read your words minus the long videos. edit: I assure you I (usually) read every bit - then do quick google searches on the topics as I don't process a lot of info like it seems you may be able to considering the density of a lot of the videos you post of whatever.

Btw, ever worked in journalism?
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Tags:

SomeInternetBloke

Re: ACA: Ask Catoptric Anything

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:50 pm

Here's my better statement. I considered you a friend for a bit, and now again. The odd thing is I'm not good at being a friend. I mean, I just suck at certain things so I've been practicing. That being said, Catoptric I find you to be pretty neat person. You are full of information, lead with friendliness and offer proper context in your posts which makes for good readability. I recall that you operated in capacity of journalist for a period. That you did real estate. From scouring the old intp.central forums that you used to use your first and last name as your forum nickname. That you aren't afraid to be kind but assertive when you disagree with people. It's probably why you've existed on the different iterations of the website. I like those videos on your Youtube channel of you roasting coffee beans and of your family. Just wanted to share that a caveat of me being knackered is I can sometimes lack the social grace/tact that would make my posts go over better. That being said, I hope this clarifies the tone of this thread. Btw, you are not obligated (obviously) to answer any of my questions. I just think it's neat how much effort you put into posting as you've done for all these years. I also recognize I'm a bit of a nerdie-nerdle when it comes to showcasing things I admire about others. But who gives a fat rat's fanny. We only live once. That's all for now. Later Catoptric.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:47 am

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:03 pm
Hi Catoptric. Well aren't you a fascinating person. What with your carefully written posts investigating paranormal, politics, history, video games and such. I'd be understating it claiming you've a neat reputation for making eclectic posts on intp forums.

1 - How is life treating you?
2 - Are you professionally working as a real estate agent or is that off limits?
3 - Ever had other jobs you wouldn't mind sharing, you seem kinda knowledgeable about stuff and things?
4 - How do you make time to watch such long documentaries that you post?
5 - Why are you so thoughtful in sharing as you do?
6 - After watching your Youtube channel I'm compelled to ask how goes the coffee bean roasting?
7 - Also, how's your family, given the insane pandemic thing?
8 - Do you take feedback personally?
9 - Are you a sensitive person?
10 - What makes you laugh, what makes you emotionally inconsolable?
11 - Does this line of questioning make you uncomfortable?
Is it weird I kind of admire you for being curious about stuff I'm not?

Answer at your leisure mister and enjoy your day. :hi:

P.S. feel free to carry on a bit in your responses as you know I'm fond of your writing style. Honestly, I tend to read your words minus the long videos. edit: I assure you I (usually) read every bit - then do quick google searches on the topics as I don't process a lot of info like it seems you may be able to considering the density of a lot of the videos you post of whatever.

12 - Btw, ever worked in journalism?

1 I generally self-sabotage and will do the opposite of what I know to be the "right thing to do" (not such as anything criminal but rather to challenge the assumption that I even know what I'm doing, which I believe is the result of feeling invalidation with "what I know is right." Sort of like deliberately picking the wrong answer on a multiple-choice test, just to see if that other answer is correct.) Currently I have no real direction and do not have any optimism of society, and merely carry on with the assumption that suffering is probably a necessary component to making society better (that making things "easy" is probably not the direction I need to experience, and that anyone that does wistfully remain in such a mindset needs to suffer, and so I continue to do it to myself.)

2 I was pursued by a broker to work for them (and I'm not sure if it had been in response to a resume I sent out on Facebook as most of those are just fake listings to collect data for spammers or BS headhunters from India) as I had actually helped to sell a house and have it listed in addition to photos; but I generally have little respect for the housing market and the absurdity of how things get exacerbated by the parasitic nature of the housing market (that people own multiple homes merely to leach off other people needing to live in one, or they have it remain empty (which when bought someone might have been living in and due to not being able to pay house payments the bank will evict them so to make way for the buyer that mindlessly puts their "breadwinner" spouse in harms way financially through their petty materialism, etc.) I generally only work shit jobs in major companies and shy away from more direct interactions as I would rather have to not think about the level of involvement beyond what is a rudimentary task that requires little oversight.

3 I've worked as a Department Manager in key departments of a Walmart Supercenter, and when I noticed how retail was changing I got out of it before it sucked even more. During my time there I literally had the CEO (at the time) Mike Duke shows up with his entourage of Executives, specifically focus on making a tour of the Garden Center I was in charge of (where apparently it seems some legal action was being taken against the vendor Color Spot Nurseries, but I also am not 100% sure why he was there, as it seemed a bit weird, though I knew the District Manager was trying to make himself look good and buddy-up and get kick-backs.) Incidentally this was around the same time Walmart was known to bribe cities in Mexico to expand into their territory, and a CBL (Computer Basic Learning) which are basically just junk videos to watch and verify completion was conducted where Mike Duke talked about integrity, though I suspect he was setting the precedence for "looking good" while disregarding the process of getting there, so it was probably a way to save face. While there, one of the comments on the walkie-talkie seemed to suggest they were being ordered to shred documents, and at the time they showed up, a very large shipment of plant racks had been brought in earlier in the day. The company had already outstripped their capacity of the nursury to grow the plants, and it seems most of them were being stressed through too much fertilizer, but also the plants were far in excess of what could feasibly be sold within their capacity (that the only way to sell them was to place them at every entrance and make a big show of buying them, just like some crappy children's sock BS manufactured with "slave labor" from China that is marked up 200% and placed at every register and on every corner of the store.) The same District Manager had ordered the shade canopy for the plants to be cut so to avoid weight on the metal frame that supported it when a snow storm was coming in, despite no indication that it was going to actually impact it, and knowing that it would require thousands just to reinstall it, which for years after I left the department and the store, I can guarantee it was never reinstalled. This is the same department that got shit on for storing inventory such as a carbon-aluminum bike frame costing over $1000 which along with 20 other bikes had a dumpster set outside to throw the rusted frames away when they couldn't sell them (and which the Assistant Manager at the time for some weird fucking reason wanted to take photos of me throwing it in, and he was the same fool that would later ask me to write a procedural document that I CC'd to another manager just in case he was going to try and take credit for the ideas--which he did try to--and seemed like the slimey kind of bastard that would claim he didn't order bikes to be thrown into a dumpster (or even consider how absurd throwing a decent bike away was. . .) I also was in charge of a low-key psychopath that I would continue to report on for years about having stolen things or being a BS gaslighter, and any guidance with operations was so ineptly followed-through that it was trial and error as to how it should be implemented (though it was widely known that things were poorly implemented and without any real integrity, though it ultimately was the kind of thing that people would assume you were the cause of it, even when the people in question would later end up in jail for having eventually been caught.) I had record sales (though the caveat is that "shrink" caused by plants needing to be thrown away. . . kind of didn't work out so well.) I managed to have the most accurate inventory in an insane department that had no one officially in charge of it for 2 years, and moved onto the Grocery Dry Goods department where the inventory was being readied for an automated ordering process (while yet not factoring in the problem of how such stores operate to try and fudge their numbers, which ultimately fails them. . .) All that ordering online and showing up to pick up their order is really biting them in the ass. . . I happened to have by-far the largest number of "never outs" and rarely did I ever not have everything; and I can't help but think they were putting me in charge of these departments because I was considered "overpaid" or a problem they wanted to get rid of, so the Desi BS'artist ass-kisser ASM I had in charge of Garden Center was pretty much taking his paragon-level of incompetence and attempting to look good in the process; as pretty much the only people that got promoted were of the sort.

4 I usually post things as a bookmark to continue watching it, and will often return to it eventually, but it's not something I can usually tolerate taking up an entire monitor exclusively if I'm not doing something else. I'll watch something while messing with emulation, or listen to it while reading (if I'm not needing to focus much.) I often prefer silence more than distractions from videos, but if the video is educational I like to follow it as though osmosis.

5 I tend to share only if it helps others relate to a mental model of things I find necessary to form cohesion to ideas, or things I consider important (so if I seem generous such as attempting to help an orphanage in Uganda, its because I believe the people donating are so haplessly incapable of following directions that I simply go along with tolerating the inefficiency of how they operate--that I myself need a sense of cohesion of processes to feel sufficiently calm in my worldview, that without some form of cohesion I become irate and prone to anger--and the absence of responsible caregivers or people that demonstrate they give a damn makes me by default feel responsible if no other idiot has actually stepped up and taken over those responsibilities, which due to societal ills often is not easily achievable.) I still agree with a viewpoint that I had nearly a decade ago--that society is inherently prone to suffer due to the mischaracterization that it itself is not to blame for suffering or mistreatment--that people don't seek to perceive itself as causing harm, and that harm is a symptom of the belief that "we only know ourselves," and because we are always filtering through our worldview we identify with and build upon iterations of "what is," we make the mistake of assuming the outside world is always being repelled in order to preserve the assumption of self-importance. Sometimes we seek to cure society of the very wrongs we are incapable of overcoming, but also seeking to "fix society" is a lot more of a mindfuck than we are willing to tolerate, so we just continue to smash the buttons on the keyboard to process something that is woefully inadequate, simply because people are lemmings that follow another off the cliff of social ennui.

6 Instead of a popcorn roaster I coffee roast using a regular pan (that had formerly been a coffee roaster but the lid of the Zippy Pop separated from the stirring mechanism, and a Whirley Pop should really only be used for popcorn, if not avoided because most of them are made from soft aluminum metal.)

7 Most of my family vaccilates between an unhealthy reliance on fear-based obsession, to complete disregard to how they play a role in making people paranoid through pretending to believe that it's OTHER people that they should be concerned with, instead of realizing that they are OTHER people. It's a bit like the idiots that went to South Dakota to celebrate "freedom" while causing a spike in not wearing masks; or when given a mask opt not to wear one. . . The kinds of people I wish I wasn't related to. Most of them were "out of it" even before Covid was a thing.

8 I only consider feedback relevant if it's based on mutual understanding of relevance (ex. that something that is ultimately non-essential or based on justifying a useless metric of a business function which intends to make blanketed assumptions about performance when the metrics exacerbate the problem by making people fake their numbers with useless ass-kissers that pander to the inherent flaws of a business model and can negatively impact those who then would take credit for things they have zero influence over because people interpret benefit when it serves their own interest; and likewise people push biased agendas that contradict intended goals.)

9 I consider myself to relate to Dabrowski's Overexcitability and would have considered myself an HSP, though I suspect a lot of overlap exists with people who felt neglected or were badly raised (such as both my parents having narcissism or being raised by narcissists who then exacerbate the symptoms of negative emotional development) which can contribute to poor coping mechanisms and self-defeating aspects (so basically if people stereotype millennials as being overreactive it's because of the "whoa is me" aspect that creates emotional entitlement, which is merely a symptom of modern society paving the way for "first-world problems" and inability or unwillingness to "thrive" (or chasing the carrot on the stick that society justifies in its meaninglessness.) Sensitive can sometimes be confused with overreactive (and a lot of what people mistake for "sensitive" is really a symptom of unhealthy development and not addressing early development with pro-active emotional empathy were too often a caregiver might be feigning empathy with a contrived emotional smothering, that fails to address or even understand the child they are raising, as they are incapable of relating to anyone outside of their own myopic worldview.)

10 I don't usually laugh out loud though if I do it's usually in response to dark humor or a summary of human nature that addresses the herd mentality (and is basically nihilistic.) I suppose it's necessary to have perspective of why society does what it does, and it kind of plays into why I might process other emotions and usually that would be based on feeling alienated or perceiving the status-quo as being destructive and incapable of accessing right from wrong, and the tragedy of society showing false-idealism with things like people believing they are saviors of humanity for toking the party-line of patriotism and religion or believing they are in the right for virtue-signaling things like vaccines (which have been proven to have spike protein collecting in ovaries and bone marrow, or to use aborted fetal cells in processing which are known to develop translocation into the human genome as it contains mutagenic cancers, all the while continuing on as oblivious to how modern society is largely irrelevant and uncessary, though because society is so self-absorbed it would rather perpetuate the inequality and disregard to "life" by pretending it isn't inherently destructive to what it professes to be conscientous of--or nevertheless believing hoaxes claiming to prove a secret agenda by the pharmaceutical companies--and professing sentience and altruism while yet lacking in self-awareness so as to be more destructive and the tragedy of society is that it is oblivious to how absurd it is and through tribalism, leads society off the edge of a cliff, while professing itself to be "good."

11 I haven't done questionaires since MySpace.

12 I was a Photo Editor during HS but have been reluctant to pursue journalism, as I don't consider modern journalism (which may well be as journalism always has been, though I like to think journalism historically stood out for things that are no longer part of the modern landscape of journalism) to have integrity (people want a contrived formula for everything, and it's a very SJ-oriented occupation.)
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:10 am

Some don't have time to be human. But you, I like you. I betcha look at most people eye-level. Not up, not down. Real respectful too. As for those lousy types you've rubbed shoulders with at work. There's always folk tryna get something for nothing: birds and the bees, possessions, money, respect, love, et cetera - isn't there? I get along well with all types of people - even if it's a lie, my mental script keeps the relational aisles neat and tidy until I can properly manage the learning curve for its costs and benefits. I like to breathe the same air as other people - kinda thing. Bigots and volatile types? - *sniffs* they're just grown folk with phobias or having a good time at another's expense. They cut it out when it's out of their system. I suppose I've qualified as such at some point... A-turd-for-human psycho harmful types? - *quick sniff* Nah. But mostly grouchy irrational types with that exhaustive unpredictability grinds my gears. It's like a lousy-shaped Tetris puzzle piece that tries to jam the system to a halt. Feels like the universe transacts it all though. I suppose in a way it does, unprovoked. How it grabs a throbbing mound of a humans' rumpus and starts to chewing on it like an unchaperoned toddler once did to me as a kid fml. Just pressed his naughty-ass stupid face into my cheeks and CHOMP! That's what it feels like. Chomp chomp chomp. Chompy chompy chompy. God kids are something else. I'd retroactively bust a toddler in the mouth for touching me like that again. Okay, I forgot what I was saying. Oh yeah, figuratively speaking we're like two cows, munching. Chewing the cud. Making pies. Some cows go this way. Some go that way. See but the trick is to chew slowly and chit-chat. Then you never have to move because the grass has time to grow right back in no time. Some people forget that life ebbs and flows. You just gotta get used to the timing. Or maybe we never do. The trick is just riffing as you go. Like the Jamaican's call it, jus' go wif dem riddem tings bredrin. Thanks for reciprocating. Be easy brotha. Bom bom bi-lam...

Btw, I can tell by your voluminous shares you're a patient soul. This here's the kingdom of those who wrestle to reconcile with the mess of it all, in one way or another. Also, I'm gonna have to get into killing pixels or whatever like you do in emulators some time. Okay that's all I've got mane! :vcool: