Forum reputation protocol

Worldly and otherworldly topics
SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Forum reputation protocol

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:25 pm

What are your thoughts on a protocol for giving an affirmative reputation to someone?

I give 'em like disheveled old grandpas hand out lint-crusted pocket change as a greeting gift given with genuine appreciation to grand children.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Tags:

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Re: Forum reputation protocol

Post by HighlyIrregular » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:59 pm

I held the forum record on a tech forum I used to be infamous on for the most downvotes (most received). My protocol for reputation systems is fuck them.

starjots

Post by starjots » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:43 pm

In a low pop forum, I think it's nice just to say 'I read your comment and appreciate it,' but I'm not consistent. I also say 'thank you' and 'please' quite a lot in real life, seems cheap enough.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:33 am

Oh I get it. Thanks guys.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:38 am

starjots wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:43 pm
In a low pop forum, I think it's nice just to say 'I read your comment and appreciate it"
Ditto! I also hit +1 to appreciate a post, even if I've nothing to reply specifically to.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:38 pm

Just wanna say I've discovered reps going back to February. Somewhere along the way I forgot how to read them. :mellow: