Infamous Sock Thief

Worldly and otherworldly topics
SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Infamous Sock Thief

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:30 am

I've no idea why this is a thing but I keep losing nice garments. Okay, per the title, it used to only be socks/underwear. It's that way for most. Which I attribute to poor memory, error, et cetera. But my Georgetown Hoya's sweatshirt? C'mon sock thief. Your britches getting too big for your girth my man. I bet not catch that mo***** slippin is all I know. Btw, that thief decided to also steal my pocket knives handed down to me from dear old Pops. I'm gonna need some counseling from my fendzes. :hurt:
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Tags:

SomeInternetBloke

Re: Infamous Sock Thief

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:12 am

Update: I found something even better than a pocket knife. Found my Dad's leatherman. :w00t:
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Spartan26

Post by Spartan26 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:16 am

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:12 am
Update: I found something even better than a pocket knife. Found my Dad's leatherman. :w00t:
Did you & your Dad ever take that Route 66 trip?

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:55 am

This was my grandfather's knife. Bone handle.
Attachments
knife-Tree-Brand-2.jpg
knife-Tree-Brand-2.jpg (69.83 KiB) Viewed 3216 times

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:36 am

Spartan26 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:16 am
SomeInternetBloke wrote:
I missed you *warrior hollar* Spartan!

Wished we did. TBH he was a lousy passenger. Always needed to drive, "Nah, I got this buddy." Then a magical beer can of elixir would appear in between his legs. Reminds me of that time he pissed all over me while urinating downwind toward me. Old, bold, full of liquid gold. Good times. Miss him. (nuff wif the saddies) :rolleyes: Btw, I sorta looked like Brad Pitt in his here avatar of mine, back in high school. Gonna have to rustle up a photo er somefing mate.
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:39 am

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:55 am

Tis relevant; just read the youtube comment. :wink:

Spartan26

Post by Spartan26 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:31 am

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:36 am
Spartan26 wrote:
SomeInternetBloke wrote:

Wished we did. TBH he was a lousy passenger. Always needed to drive, "Nah, I got this buddy." Then a magical beer can of elixir would appear in between his legs. Reminds me of that time he pissed all over me while urinating downwind toward me. Old, bold, full of liquid gold. Good times. Miss him. (nuff wif the saddies) :rolleyes: Btw, I sorta looked like Brad Pitt in his here avatar of mine, back in high school. Gonna have to rustle up a photo er somefing mate.
Thanks, man! Much appreciated! Cheers to you!! :cheers:

That's a real bummer but maybe for the best...?

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:42 am

Spartan26 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:31 am
SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:36 am
Spartan26 wrote:
SomeInternetBloke wrote:

Thanks, man! Much appreciated! Cheers to you!! :cheers:

That's a real bummer but maybe for the best...?
Deader dinna doorknob. Sounds like a saying that was used... and when it was, it was used good. Ya know? That olden era was tough and gritty. Yeah. I don't think Dad being deader than a doorknob is for the best. But him not drinking and driving is for sure, ferduh best, yer know. :pipe: *cues red SUV on New Jersey turnpike song* Fakkin guy.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:44 am

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Hm, what kind of bone?

Also, digging those nostalgic avatar panels.

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:26 am

SomeInternetBloke wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:44 am
HighlyIrregular wrote:
Hm, what kind of bone?

Also, digging those nostalgic avatar panels.
Someone told me it was bone several years ago based on photos. I looked up more information: "Bone stag is cow bone burnt/dyed and jigged to appear like antler." So, I guess cow.
Attachments
knife-Tree-Brand-shield-2.jpg
knife-Tree-Brand-shield-2.jpg (59.14 KiB) Viewed 3184 times
knife-handle-Boker.jpg
knife-handle-Boker.jpg (51.52 KiB) Viewed 3184 times