I'm goin' there, girlfriend!

Worldly and otherworldly topics
HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

I'm goin' there, girlfriend!

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:57 am

They're still clinging to hope according to a headline. At this point, and at some point days in the past, the hope should be that death was quick. And I want to see some good rationale for a rescue like this being conducted the slow way it is. I'm not saying the rescuers are wrong, but I wonder about this. "Something could collapse if we use a machine." Is that all there is? Some supervisor or spokesperson saying that? I saw a guy sledgehammering something instead of power sawing or grinding. Was that the best method? I saw areas without people working on removing stuff or looking for pockets. No workers in those areas at all. Are there too few workers or too little money?

A year or two ago they spent like a week or two getting a kid out of a well. They finally succeeded and he was dead. They should have pumped anesthesia down there in those last few days.

Tags:

Senseye

Re: I'm goin' there, girlfriend!

Post by Senseye » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:11 am

I have no idea why the American news media seems to want to cling to the delusions of survivors in the rubble. There is next to no hope in these types of total building collapses after 24 hours. And it is usually the odd person just at the edge of the rubble who can get pulled out.

I think they are just milking the news cycle during what seems to be a slow period.

If this death toll come from a mass shooting it would have been: Thoughts and prayers! Thoughts and prayers! We love our guns. Bada bing, bada boom, on to something else within 48 hours.

It's long time to fire off some token thoughts and prayers and send in the bulldozers. And the lawyers, who appear to already be mustering in substantial numbers.

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:17 pm

Bill Cosby is being released.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:02 pm

You know what it is. You know what to do. :yahoo:

(if you read this you ain't got no time for that!)
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:24 am

The republicans who are making it harder to vote are kind of doing the same thing Democrats do when they make it harder to get guns. The only difference is that the republicans will be causing more Covid, pollution, product safety, and nutrition related deaths by getting more republicans elected and the democrats will be saving lives. The amount of suffering and death is the most significant difference between the parties.