Tea

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Yesterday

Re: Tea

Post by Yesterday » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:16 am

Limey wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:33 pm
I have my own tea blend that I call "the Earl of Assam"

It's basically Yorkshire tea Gold (GOLD! not the dishwash pishwater red one for the slack-jawed, unwashed mouth-breathers, that stuff is little better than Tetley)
...plus Earl Grey (preferrably PG Tips brand, I've tried just about every other brand with mixed results)

It should come out a dark, reddish, golden brown after a dash of milk, add plenty of sugar to taste.
You're welcome.

I caste my pearls before swine.
A dash a what? Sh'up sugar face.
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:30 am

Limey wrote:

It's basically Yorkshire tea Gold (GOLD! not the dishwash pishwater red one for the slack-jawed, unwashed mouth-breathers, that stuff is little better than Tetley)
...plus Earl Grey (preferrably PG Tips brand, I've tried just about every other brand with mixed results)

It should come out a dark, reddish, golden brown after a dash of milk, add plenty of sugar to taste.
You're welcome.

I suspect this might be the most British thing you've ever posted my dear Limey.
It just wanders at the limits of my conceivability.

Sugar? To taste?

Limey

Post by Limey » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:06 pm

Utisz wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:30 am
Limey wrote:

You're welcome.

I suspect this might be the most British thing you've ever posted my dear Limey.
It just wanders at the limits of my conceivability.

Sugar? To taste?
Ha, this could be like a sketch comedy where the Irish guy works a Wind the shakes the barley reference into every conversation. Uprisings tourettes lol. "Number factoring? - have you factored the number of victims on bloody sunday!?" :P

I can't remember if I told you this already, but I recently had a video interview with a guy from N.I. - I think I pissed him off by telling him I had worked there in the nineties and almost got shot and blown up and that I later learned I had been working in 'bandit country' with the wrong numberplates. When I told him I had family from Bessbrook, he got kinda defensive, and said, "you wanna talk about bandit country, that's bandit country!"
Wasn't the start of an interview I'd hoped for. I bet he was one of those bloody protestants. Should have worn my orange shirt.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:41 am

Limey wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:06 pm
Ha, this could be like a sketch comedy where the Irish guy works a Wind the shakes the barley reference into every conversation. Uprisings tourettes lol. "Number factoring? - have you factored the number of victims on bloody sunday!?" :P
Comedy? Is that all the Famine was to you?
I can't remember if I told you this already, but I recently had a video interview with a guy from N.I. - I think I pissed him off by telling him I had worked there in the nineties and almost got shot and blown up and that I later learned I had been working in 'bandit country' with the wrong numberplates. When I told him I had family from Bessbrook, he got kinda defensive, and said, "you wanna talk about bandit country, that's bandit country!"
Wasn't the start of an interview I'd hoped for. I bet he was one of those bloody protestants. Should have worn my orange shirt.
Did you get the job?

What you gotta do is wear a Celtics jersey and drop an "Ulster says no" during an obviously fake cough, and then in the next interview don a Rangers jersey and drop a "tiocfiadh ár lá" during an obviously fake sneeze, keep 'em on their toes.

Reminds me of a meme I saw but cannot find by some Glaswegian, talking about some intifada or another, asking if they even have a football team, let alone two.

Limey

Post by Limey » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:17 pm

Utisz wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:41 am
You know, we went too many meta layers deep years ago and now we can't find the layer of reality where we can ask serious questions, or a question, seriously, especially since things like the "you can't joke about rape" rape joke crusades.
Did you get the job?
oh god no. I actually pulled a favour from an exec in the US at the same multinational, so he was probably very impressed with having that string pulled [GRENADE!] right off the bat. He looked like he was in a virgin rail toilet and had found the old youtube 200 bitrate codec. I think he even tried to call it a pre-interview interview.

Limey

Post by Limey » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:32 pm

hmm, if you get a "so it is!" feedback statement from those northerners, I wonder if you could cause a buffer overflow with a so it is, so it is request, assuming it's a constant +1 so it is.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:44 am

Limey wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:17 pm
Utisz wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:41 am
You know, we went too many meta layers deep years ago and now we can't find the layer of reality where we can ask serious questions, or a question, seriously, especially since things like the "you can't joke about rape" rape joke crusades.
How many potatoes does it take to kill an Irishman?

None.

That one's free of charge for your next interview in norn iron.

I can definitely sympathise with many of those crusades though. If the target of the joke doesn't find it funny, and they're fucked over by (or at least worst off than) the type of person making the joke, then fuck that noise. Racist whites making fun of black people. Nazis making fun of Jews. Rich shitheads making fun of working class. Intelligentsia making fun of the ill-educated. Rapey frat boys making fun of rape victims. Fuck that noise. Ricky Gervais' recent schtick on trans people on Netflix is objectively shite. Better when he was having a genuine go at actors in the Oscars. Unless they're the cunts responsible for the fucked up goings on, laugh with them, not at them.