Worldly and otherworldly topics
Madrigal

Re: Tea

Post by Madrigal » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:22 pm

Senseye wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:05 pm
Madrigal wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:05 am
Mainly because I don't really have a whole lot of evidence that they speed the process up enough.
This comment leads me to believe you have never actually tried these. It ain't no slow cure, the chemicals react with the moisture in your mouth and cauterize the ulcer. It's an instant fix. You'd think the resultant tissue trauma would cause a whole new problem, but it doesn't really. I presume it's that the resultant chemical burn is very superficial and doesn't bother you much while it heals. The application stings though, not gonna sugar coat that aspect.
I have not tried them, no. But I don't want to go back to this kind of torture. :/

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:52 pm

I'm thinking abnormally low mucus could be responsible for the mouth sores, sensitive stomach, and lack of colds. Cystic fibrosis and Sjögren's Syndrome came up in my search. Maybe add some high fat dairy products to your diet.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:22 pm

I tried Ceylon silver tips and it tastes like regular tea, not gonna buy again.

I also tried Yellow Sun yellow tea and it tastes like green tea but less grassy. Also not too interested in that.

starjots

Post by starjots » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:23 pm

I've also tried yaupon, which isn't tea per se, but has caffeine and is consumed like tea. Unfortunately, it seems to be a native of the southeastern US so probably isn't available there to try... I think it's pretty good, a little rougher than tea.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:24 pm

I tried tai mu long zhu Jasmine Pearls, which comes in little balls that look like this:

I love the smell and the taste is pleasant, but I'm confused as to whether I want to drink this all day, lol. Maybe I'll get a small box just to have the option.
starjots wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:23 pm
I've also tried yaupon, which isn't tea per se, but has caffeine and is consumed like tea. Unfortunately, it seems to be a native of the southeastern US so probably isn't available there to try... I think it's pretty good, a little rougher than tea.
I'll watch out for it. Some very unlikely things get imported to this country.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:26 pm

I tried Imperial oolong from Vietnam. It comes rolled up in little balls. It's nice but I'm still tasting jasmine, I wonder if I didn't clean the cup enough (it's supposed to be floral so I don't know). It's floral and barely grassy, but it seems it's low in caffeine so I won't be getting it again.

Edit: Not only is the caffeine less, but I'm also amazingly sleepy right now after being awake for only 2.5 hours. And this reminds me that I was also weirdly sleepy yesterday afternoon after the green teas. I don't know if I'm going to keep drinking any type of green tea in the middle of my workday.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:27 pm

I tried the green tea Sencha Fukujyu. It has a slight seaweed taste. It's okay, maybe I prefer it to the milder green teas? I don't know, I think green tea just isn't my thing.

I'm reaching the end of the samples soon and I think I'm going to settle for ordering Lapsang Souchong, Ceylon Blackwood, and order two types of Earl Grey. Oh and maybe a couple of dark (red) teas, which I forgot to add to this batch.

I also bought some metallic straws at the craft fair for drinking mate again.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:41 pm

I didn't get the earl grays because I don't think I'll like anything beter than that Lapsang I tried.

I do however still have some untasted samples lying around and I tried Rooibos for the first time (mostly because the coffee was making my stomach hurt). It has some sweet honey-type notes and also some fruitiness, but I don't like when teas taste like wet leaves, and this one tastes like that. Though I guess it's not really a tea. Anyway, not bad but I don't feel like having this again.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:58 pm

C'mon Comrad's, all together in unison. Dunk, dunk, and submerge. There, now dab with a napkin. Sugar, cream, nothing, stir. Salut! I'm more pleasant because of you. Like tea with sugar or whatever pleases the cooperate appetite. Madrigal/harmony kinda thing.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Limey

Post by Limey » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:33 pm

I have my own tea blend that I call "the Earl of Assam"

It's basically Yorkshire tea Gold (GOLD! not the dishwash pishwater red one for the slack-jawed, unwashed mouth-breathers, that stuff is little better than Tetley)
...plus Earl Grey (preferrably PG Tips brand, I've tried just about every other brand with mixed results)

It should come out a dark, reddish, golden brown after a dash of milk, add plenty of sugar to taste.
You're welcome.

I caste my pearls before swine.