Tea

Worldly and otherworldly topics
jyng1

Re: Tea

Post by jyng1 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:31 am

starjots wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:06 am
Actually I hang the tea bags from the edge so the paper doesn't get in the drink
So the "plastic" doesn't get in the drink... Most tea bags are either made of polypropylene or manila hemp and sealed with polypropylene, or made with plant-based polylactic acid (heat sealable).

They use plastic so they can heat seal the bags.

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:09 pm

Madrigal wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:48 pm
I've had sores ever since childhood (they are not on my lips, they are inside my mouth) so I have an idea of the things that cause them. Back when I used to eat a lot of chocolate, I noticed that chocolate caused them. I also noticed that citrus fruits cause them. And I guess I never noticed the coffee conection because I drank mate tea most of my life. I recently, maybe two months ago, switched to a Brazilian coffee that's really strong, and that's around the time my cankersores went out of control. I can barely talk right now btw. Anyway, yes, I had no coffee today and I won't for a couple of weeks, and we'll see how it goes for me just drinking tea. I'll add the coffee back later (not the Brazilian one).
Well, hope it works. By the bye, have you ever tried silver nitrate sticks on the little bastards? I used to use them as a teen as my canker sores back then would persist much longer. If you can put up with 2 or 3 seconds of eye watering pain (per sore), they are pretty much an instant fix.

If I had to give up delicious coffee for the inferior beverage of tea, I would take the pain.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:05 am

I tried smoked Lapsang Souchong and I think that might be my tea. But I still have many more to try.

I tried a white tea called Pai Mu Tan and it barely tasted like anything, it was almost like warm water. Nope.

I also had a black tea with mango in it which was nice as an occasional thing.
Senseye wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:09 pm

If I had to give up delicious coffee for the inferior beverage of tea, I would take the pain.
Thanks, but I'd rather not. I've been dealing with this problem for decades and I no longer use drastic methods like those. Mainly because I don't really have a whole lot of evidence that they speed the process up enough. I even stopped using salt/baking soda for the same reason. I did try some garling with salt water lately because I was so desperate, but I don't think it did anything except clean the sores.

My aunt who is a doctor once gave me a liquid that's for using in the operating room to speed up the scarring process (at least this is how I remember the way she described it?). I put a drop on a cankersore and it really was miraculous. The entire area turned white a while and healed in a day. I don't know what that thing was and I no longer talk to that aunt.

I think not enough attention is given to cankersores because nobody in medicine or the pharmaceutical industry cares to find something that'll work.

jyng1

Post by jyng1 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:09 am

Madrigal wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:05 am
My aunt who is a doctor once gave me a liquid that's for using in the operating room to speed up the scarring process (at least this is how I remember the way she described it?). I put a drop on a cankersore and it really was miraculous. The entire area turned white a while and healed in a day. I don't know what that thing was and I no longer talk to that aunt.
Have you tried Bonjela. Tastes quite nice and works pretty well (I think Bebegesic is the Chilean analogue).

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:31 pm

I tried Shui Xian organic Minbei oolong. I was trying to put my finger on what it tastes like and I think it tastes like a wet rag.
jyng1 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:09 am
Have you tried Bonjela. Tastes quite nice and works pretty well (I think Bebegesic is the Chilean analogue).
I have it here. I'm not aware that it speeds up the healing.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:02 pm

I tried Ceylon Blackwood organic tea and it's extremely decent. It seems to have all the good and none of the bad (bitterness) that I associate with Ceylon tea in general. It doesn't stand out as anything to write home about but it's really pleasant to drink. There is a honey smell to it. I bet this would taste good with milk.

Oh, this was a free sample they tossed into the box of samples I bought. Thankful for that. :nerd:

MoneyJungle

Post by MoneyJungle » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:36 pm

I like to get jacked up on coffee in the morning but my stomach disapproves so I’ve taken to a big cup of coffee in the morning followed by green tea through the afternoon to try to stretch out the initial coffee buzz. I make good coffee but I don’t really care about tea quality. I buy green bullet at the Chinese grocery store for cheap, brew mass quantities and put it in the fridge.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:56 pm

MoneyJungle wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:36 pm
I like to get jacked up on coffee in the morning but my stomach disapproves so I’ve taken to a big cup of coffee in the morning followed by green tea through the afternoon to try to stretch out the initial coffee buzz. I make good coffee but I don’t really care about tea quality. I buy green bullet at the Chinese grocery store for cheap, brew mass quantities and put it in the fridge.
I read this post as, "I like to get lock jawed on coffee so my stomach disapproves." Then I was all like, *Marlan Wayans* naw stupit, have some respec's
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:08 pm

MoneyJungle wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:36 pm
When I have more than one cup of regular tea like Lipton, my stomach starts to hurt and I also feel nauseous. I don't mean to say it's because the tea is cheap, but maybe I need to drink a different type. Oh, regular green tea also makes me nauseous. Maybe I've been brewing tea too strong.

I'm trying a bancha green tea and it's not half as strong as the green tea I've tasted before, pretty inoffensive and drinkable. Tastes grassier the longer I leave the leaves in, I think I've got a nice level of grassy here.

Edit: I actually brewed the Irish tea too strong and also felt nauseous from it. Maybe you're not supposed to just leave the tea bag in forever like a barbarian. :mellow:

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:05 pm

Madrigal wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:05 am
Mainly because I don't really have a whole lot of evidence that they speed the process up enough.
This comment leads me to believe you have never actually tried these. It ain't no slow cure, the chemicals react with the moisture in your mouth and cauterize the ulcer. It's an instant fix. You'd think the resultant tissue trauma would cause a whole new problem, but it doesn't really. I presume it's that the resultant chemical burn is very superficial and doesn't bother you much while it heals. The application stings though, not gonna sugar coat that aspect.