Indoor meetings

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Madrigal

Indoor meetings

Post by Madrigal » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:51 pm

Has anyone had a meeting indoors with someone not in your bubble? If so, what precautions were taken?

Senseye

Re: Indoor meetings

Post by Senseye » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:40 pm

I went to a friends house to watch a football game. There were 8-10 people there.

Zero precautions, although I think everybody present had been fully vaccinated. One guy brought his 12 year old son, and the kid was wearing a mask the whole time, but that was it.

MoneyJungle

Post by MoneyJungle » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:47 pm

Plenty of meetings with zero precautions since I got vaxed. I probably wouldn’t have taken any before I was vaxed. Mostly an other people thing. Still unsure if I’ve had this bug or not. I don’t think it would do more than kick my ass for few days. I went to a baseball game yesterday and nobody was masked in the stands, but that was obviously outdoors. I went out bar hopping on the fourth of July in a smallish town and it was wild. Crowds of people at the bar three deep trying to order drinks, who I would bet were largely unvaccinated.

My private view is this thing is God’s judgement against boomers and the obese and we only drag the thing out by trying to defer it but my public behavior is of the go along to get along variety. Just another thing for stupid contentious people to scream about. Control freaks vs control freaks. I observe all the safety protocols at work. Being masked up while unloading a refrigerated truck on a hot day sucks.

I don’t have much of a social life in general outside of my small extended family. I’ve had a bubble years prior to this thing for the most part.

puerile_polyp

Post by puerile_polyp » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:06 am

I've been working in a homeless shelter for almost a year. We get up to 80 guests a night and they sleep on cots in two big rooms. People are supposed to wear masks unless they are at their cots. They have to put on a mask to go to the bathroom or out to smoke but take it off outside or once they sit at the cot. People are constantly getting nagged about it. As a staff member I never ever get nagged about it and we are all pretty bad about it.

We were offered the vax early because of our jobs. I didn't take it until a week ago, only to make my girlfriend happy. I have no idea how many of our guests have it, but the county is giving out fifty dollar visa cards if you get it.

We take everybody's temperature when they check in. We've had no covid. At least, none that we know of. According to the official numbers 7.6% of people in this county currently have it, and it was twice that a couple weeks ago. We served hundreds of people over the winter and it's actually just kept getting busier in the summer and not once have we had anybody with symptoms or heard of anybody here who got it.

djm
Formerly: djm

Post by djm » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:30 pm

Bubbles are gone here now.

Was at a wake yesterday with well over a hundred people.

Was at an awards ceremony last week with over a thousand in the room, but we had to do a test ahead of entering. Nit that are worth anything as you take it then phone and tell them if you passed or not and they text back the result to show. No way a positive test is stopping anyone getting a negative certificate or vice versa. Abused largy by malingerers deliberately avoiding work but also people that don't want to miss the football etc.

Do pubs count? If so at least three times a week with whatever locals are in the Broughton Inn / Cartford Inn/ Wheatsheaf/ Grapes Inn (delete as appropriate).

And bollocks to masks too, they went in the bin day 1 of not having to wear them.