Ways you break the rules

Worldly and otherworldly topics
HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Ways you break the rules

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:52 pm

I put Dremel bits in full size drills.
I put a serving of frozen veggies in a full pot of water along with my pasta.
I don't let the dough rest after kneading when making fresh pasta (I would if I was cooking for someone else).
I put Pyrex in the toaster oven, but it's old Pyrex which was often made with laboratory glass and is more heat resistant.

MoneyJungle

Re: Ways you break the rules

Post by MoneyJungle » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:11 am

While bicycling I only consider traffic laws on a case by case basis. I don’t do reckless stuff so much as whatever gets me out of the way the fastest and keeps everyone in motion. Blowing through stop signs is more efficient 80% of the time for all parties involved. There’s nothing more enraging than coming to a full stop and someone ceding their right of way to you and waving you on. Better to just blow on through if it’s even going to be up for a question of who has the right of way. I ride on the sidewalk when it suits me. I’ve rode around my city so much that I know what works and where. Pretending you’re a car is for suckers.

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:13 pm

I think some shampoos still have the "lather, rinse, repeat" instructions. I started doing that sometimes. It makes a difference, but maybe not so much if you have dry hair. I can tell by how much squeakier clean my hair is after the second lather/rinse. I wash my hands like that too. Get some oil on your hands, wash with soap and water, then rub your fingers together, then wash again with soap and water and rub again and you'll probably feel the difference.

If I still rode a bike I'd definitely ride on the sidewalk a lot. I saw an Uber Eats or one of those food delivery drivers on the ground with a back injury after his scooter got hit. They gave that street a protected bike lane about a month later.

I've taken Home Depot carts out of the parking lot, all the way home, then I returned them. That's probably not allowed.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:01 am

(edit) Wayys you break the rools
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Stigmata

Post by Stigmata » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:45 am

Sometimes when I pee I don't lift the seat. Why? Because fuck your system, that's why!

DJ Drug Problem
Formerly: DJ Fresh Produce

Post by DJ Drug Problem » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:31 am

I pee on my feet in the shower and laugh. I ignore strangers who clearly want to be greeted. When the toilet is backed up with toilet paper I just reach my arm in and pull it out. I stopped recycling.

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:37 pm

Sometimes I skip a day throwing out the garbage. If I have a banana on a day when the garbage will sit overnight, I flush the peel. I flush a third at a time and it usually doesn't get stuck.

I flush tissues and paper towels too.

DJ Drug Problem
Formerly: DJ Fresh Produce

Post by DJ Drug Problem » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:07 pm

If I'm at home and I have to sneeze I Just sneeze on the wall

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:30 am

I slept with a hooker with cancer. She had tiny little hands and was too weak to get me off. I went into a frenzy and then realized the big picture. I'll never go back there 'gain! No siree bob.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:32 am

When I know I'm going to chew a delicious piece of Bazooka Joe bubble gum, I first buy an additional pack of bubble yum or babelicious. crumple it up, stomp on it a bit, then I reach for a cube of Bazooka Joe bubble gum. Munch! Mmmh, thanks Bazooka Joe!

:hi: