Should I have fought this guy???

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Buttrock as zen
Formerly: stuck

Re: Should I have fought this guy???

Post by Buttrock as zen » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:42 pm

I agree with pp, don’t ever fight someone unless you can’t get away. If you knock someone out and they crack their head on a curb and die- that’s manslaughter. There are definitely cases of this exact thing in bar fights that end up with someone in the ground and their counterpart behind bars.

Pepper spray? I need to re-up mine. I don’t think you get charged with assault for pepper spray.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:50 am

I hear folks like that got real mean crevice jelly. kicks up a stink... see, it's them types blowing it all t'hell I say! 'Merica.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

puerile_polyp

Post by puerile_polyp » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:51 pm

MoneyJungle wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:06 pm
puerile_polyp wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:24 pm
Of course you shouldn't have fought him, and you shouldn't have slowed down to mess with him. Set your ego aside and avoid these pointless conflicts, for the sake of your mental health if nothing else.
The point: he was going too fast and I slowed him down. Seems to have as much of a point as anything.
And what did that accomplish? Did you make the streets safer in the time he was focused on avoiding hitting you? Did you convince him to adopt safer driving habits? Or did you just get into a potentially dangerous situation and get your blood pumping and stress yourself while you thought about it for a while afterward?

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:45 am

So many feels, so little time. :lol:
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi