How skewed is your opinion of self?

Worldly and otherworldly topics
SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

How skewed is your opinion of self?

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:18 am

edit

Are you a good liar? I am. If your screen is white, it's actually black. Ask me why. I'll turn off the fucking lights ya jackass. It's the how not the why I'm interested in. What glimpses have you caught of your blind spots?

Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

Tags:

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Re: How skewed is your opinion of self?

Post by HighlyIrregular » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:44 pm

I was a good liar as a kid because by nature I had no desire to overact, and I knew better than to overact, and I was known to not be a troublemaker. I used to see other kids obviously lying. I'm probably not as outstanding a liar as an adult.

I think I can read people at least as well as anyone. When I'm unsure I'm probably right for being unsure even when others are sure about something. An autistic lawyer when I was on jury duty comes to mind. I was the only one who could tell he was autistic. I went home and did some research and even his facial features matched (wide mouth, etc.), and his heat intolerance. I even caught him swaying repeatedly (my own swaying probably triggered his, but I think mine blended better). Another juror thought he was nervous because of how he performed in arguments and I didn't think so. It could have just been one of his personality quirks. One trait of some autistics is exceptional hearing and he was closest to the jury room and even the jurors could hear some stuff from the courtroom, so he may have heard the nervous claims. The next day he was more assertive and that juror who had claimed he was nervous said he was much better, and I was like whatever.

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Re: How skewed is your opinion of self?

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:40 pm

It's illogical to engage in sex atm. So how do I satisfy the urge for some form of intimacy with older women. Especially the smart ones. I'm in πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’• *sigh* (It's only one woman who hangs art at my job. Ironically, she too has hangers. *Austin Powers geek pose* "Yeah baby yeah")
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi