Art in your living space

Worldly and otherworldly topics
elfsprin

Re: Art in your living space

Post by elfsprin » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:20 am

Ok I survived 15 hours my first try and 21 days my second try. It took 8 days to figure out I needed to survey all the time. I still don't know how to kill wolves or bears, but I perfected killing rabbits with stones.

Anyway, someone post more art, I know you must have some ;)
Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity - Simone Weil

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:58 am

Speaking of Elizabeth Montgomery... I have nothing on the walls anymore, but I still own this picture and chair as seen on Bewitched. Not the actual props though. They were mass produced.
Attachments
chair-picture-Bewitched-and-mine-small.jpg
chair-picture-Bewitched-and-mine-small.jpg (89.14 KiB) Viewed 2080 times

djm
Formerly: djm

Post by djm » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:15 am

Whenever I get to the US I spend downtime either driving to national parks, or visiting junk shops in backwater towns. One of the things I collect there are old fruit box and can labels, which I am aiming to frame up and put up in my Dutch barn when I get around to turning it into my personal 'pub'.

At some point I will upload some of them, but the art is always from the 20s and has a certain elegance about it. I tend to go for crop / town combinations that I work and sell products in. Last trip I picked up one from Yakima (Washington State) from a shop in Boulder for instance.

Other than that most of the art in my house is just stuff I like and find on my travels.

puerile_polyp

Post by puerile_polyp » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:08 am

I'd like to find something that evokes a feeling. Of being in the middle of the ocean, no land in sight, on a sinking boat or a life raft maybe, with a beautiful sky and a grim but not especially violent sea. Death not imminent but plainly inevitable. Just an endless natural expanse with no apparent safety or support.

I also have a portrait of Larry David. Is that art?