Clothes & navigating social stuff

Worldly and otherworldly topics
puerile_polyp

Re: Clothes & navigating social stuff

Post by puerile_polyp » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:17 am

I got some solovair boots and I'm really happy with how they look and feel. They're the company that used to make Dr martens when those were made in England and better quality. So they are like higher quality docs with gray stitching instead of yellow.

Goth boots are a great way for me to subtly signal what I'm into.

HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:43 am

Here's a navigating social stuff story without the clothes. A black produce guy in the supermarket was talking to a white customer about how black officers who beat a black guy should have been treated the same as if they were white. The customer decided that this opinion means that the produce guy would be receptive to his "I like 'all lives matter' because it's more accurate" argument. The black guy is really cool and just ignored it and the conversation switched back to the cop incident (they started talking about it being over a girl). Don't do that, white people!

starjots

Post by starjots » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:12 am

Where going to the UK for a few weeks in May. In preparation, I've purchased some jeans and a rainproof jacket and some button up shirts. I don't want to be identifiable as a tourist from a mile off.

Normally I wear shorts and a colored t-shirt unless the weather gets below freezing. Then I put on a shirt.

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:16 am

This young female lady who I volunteer with came to my place so I could fix something for her. I lended her spade and hole cutting drill bits and gave her some wood scraps. Next day I message her to ask if we could drill the wood together, I'll show her how I do it then she could try. Worried about how that sounds, I added that my drill has a side handle so it's safer. Worried about love handle connotations, so I add "and more accurate...we could do it on my balcony." Then i'm out of words so I have to rush to photograph my drill with the handle and send her the photo.

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:44 am

So, everything's cool with the chick. She's coming over again for the woodworking project. She has a partner, whatever that means, and she referred to a guy she took a trip with as something other than a boyfriend. She may not be straight. I'm not gonna push anything with her. I'll be happy enough if she doesn't wear out my drill bits.