Your Favorite Charity

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Yesterday

Re: Your Favorite Charity

Post by Yesterday » Fri May 06, 2022 3:41 am

JohnClay wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:31 pm
@Yesterday

I thought when you said it reminded you of a joke you'd tell the joke.... your version of it doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean who posted the ad about the $1 million? When the ghost says "put the money on the table" is he saying that the guys have to put $1 million on the table? The black guy says he's going to put $1 million in his back pocket - but $1 million wouldn't fit!
Normally the multi-ethnic jokes kind of fit with the stereotypes.
Yesterday wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 11:19 am
....I'm still unconvinced you aren't a construct pretending to be silly and un-selfaware... But that's what makes you mysterious and cool.
I like to be incredibly silly with my wife and call myself [first name] Silly-Pants [last name]. I have only become more self-aware recently. But sometimes I know I'd be seen in a bad light but don't really care.
....I have chronic depression and my only mode of survival is to remain buoyed above the fray by a bias for optimism.
I recommend the Uncommon Knowledge depression program and the book "Lost Connections"
https://thelostconnections.com/
I care about you Jon - in a warmly detached kinda way- even though you too are an unusual specimen. :ph34r:
At times I've been extremely detached.
As for your response to my joke: perhaps we've competing ideas of funny. Black people in my family can have larger than average behinds. Which means more fabric and thus bigger pockets. But of course fitting in one million is still unlikely. So to me that's funny. Also, I officially believe your posts are properly representative of your real thoughts/feelings. BTW, the skewed narrative of my joke is also meant to employ the device of absurdity. But surely that's implied. Also, quit criticizing me. My skin is too thin for it.

:hurt:

Hey Jon, I appreciate the book suggestion. I intend on actually reading it. Perhaps by tomorrow even.

You keep posting and I'll work on my deficient joke logic or whatever. Deal?

P.S. here's a joke I came up with about lawyers in the 9th grade. "What did the door say to the lawyer? Gotcha!" Because not even doors like lawyers. So much so they rudely slam shut on their hands, feet, suit jacket etc. I'm glad I can sleep tonight knowing you'll be sufficiently unamused and/ or confused by my foolishness. I actually appreciate your criticism unlike that of others who will just pretend like what I've said sometimes makes a lick of sense. Thanks for keeping it real boyo.
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Fri May 06, 2022 4:34 am

Yesterday wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 3:41 am
As for your response to my joke: perhaps we've competing ideas of funny. Black people in my family can have larger than average behinds.
There is definitely a stereotype that black rappers like women with huge butts (e.g. Sir Mix-a-Lot) - like Kim Kardashian and Cardi B. One of my flatmates and her mother have huge butts and hips.... which are the healthiest spots for fat apparently. Related photos:

Also:

I'm not aware of any popular memes about black men having a big butt - even gay ones. I think gays tend to prefer muscular butts?
Which means more fabric and thus bigger pockets. But of course fitting in one million is still unlikely. So to me that's funny.
Yeah it is a bit.
Also, I officially believe your posts are properly representative of your real thoughts/feelings. BTW, the skewed narrative of my joke is also meant to employ the device of absurdity. But surely that's implied.
Well I like absurd humour like Futurama, newer Simpsons episodes (and halloween episodes) and Seth McFarlane cartoons. I also like dead baby jokes and this:
Patient: Doctor Doctor I keep running around in circles!
Doctor: Shut up or I'll nail your other foot down!

Ones I came up with in high school (they were published in a magazine as comic strips)

Patient: (outside cupboard) Doctor Doctor I keep on hiding in my cupboard!
Doctor locks and chains up cupboard
Patient: Doctor Doctor!
Doctor: What is it this time?
Patient: You locked me in!

Begins with the patient playing a prank with a telescope and a black eye hole....
Patient: Are you mad?
Doctor: No I'm just a little crazy

A teacher said "that's demented I like it!"
Also, quit criticizing me. My skin is too thin for it.
I see it as constructive feedback. Though some people can't stand it (like when I kept on criticizing a flatmate's meals).
BTW I've even bought a book about being a comedian....
P.S. here's a joke I came up with about lawyers in the 9th grade. "What did the door say to the lawyer? Gotcha!" Because not even doors like lawyers. So much so they rudely slam shut on their hands, feet, suit jacket etc. I'm glad I can sleep tonight knowing you'll be sufficiently unamused and/ or confused by my foolishness. I actually appreciate your criticism unlike that of others who will just pretend like what I've said sometimes makes a lick of sense. Thanks for keeping it real boyo.
Thanks.

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Fri May 06, 2022 6:25 am

JohnClay wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 4:34 am
Yesterday wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 3:41 am
As for your response to my joke: perhaps we've competing ideas of funny. Black people in my family can have larger than average behinds.
There is definitely a stereotype that black rappers like women with huge butts (e.g. Sir Mix-a-Lot) - like Kim Kardashian and Cardi B. One of my flatmates and her mother have huge butts and hips.... which are the healthiest spots for fat apparently. Related photos:

Also:

I'm not aware of any popular memes about black men having a big butt - even gay ones. I think gays tend to prefer muscular butts?
Which means more fabric and thus bigger pockets. But of course fitting in one million is still unlikely. So to me that's funny.
Yeah it is a bit.
Also, I officially believe your posts are properly representative of your real thoughts/feelings. BTW, the skewed narrative of my joke is also meant to employ the device of absurdity. But surely that's implied.
Well I like absurd humour like Futurama, newer Simpsons episodes (and halloween episodes) and Seth McFarlane cartoons. I also like dead baby jokes and this:
Patient: Doctor Doctor I keep running around in circles!
Doctor: Shut up or I'll nail your other foot down!

Ones I came up with in high school (they were published in a magazine as comic strips)

Patient: (outside cupboard) Doctor Doctor I keep on hiding in my cupboard!
Doctor locks and chains up cupboard
Patient: Doctor Doctor!
Doctor: What is it this time?
Patient: You locked me in!

Begins with the patient playing a prank with a telescope and a black eye hole....
Patient: Are you mad?
Doctor: No I'm just a little crazy

A teacher said "that's demented I like it!"
Also, quit criticizing me. My skin is too thin for it.
I see it as constructive feedback. Though some people can't stand it (like when I kept on criticizing a flatmate's meals).
BTW I've even bought a book about being a comedian....
Thanks.
Gay men are known to get butt implants. So that's a thing. I'm actually kinda creative so I just think of multiple reasons for stuff and things and nevermind it's no longer a topic of interest. *Hugs Jon and stabs him in the ear with a soggy saliva drenched finger*
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Fri May 06, 2022 7:06 am

Yesterday wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 6:25 am
Gay men are known to get butt implants. So that's a thing.
Ok though there's also these implants.... :shock:
spoiler: testicle implants - under clothing....
Show
I'm actually kinda creative so I just think of multiple reasons for stuff and things and nevermind it's no longer a topic of interest. *Hugs Jon and stabs him in the ear with a soggy saliva drenched finger*
:hat:

HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Fri May 27, 2022 6:19 pm

One cause I'd still like to work for is helping kids with nonverbal autism. I mentioned this on the other forum and made it sound like "I have ways to make kids talk...just let me be alone with them." Which I think is true but not in a bad way. I want various sounds drilled into their heads so they may blurt one of the more memorable ones out eventually. I'd try to think up some automated reward for saying something. A toy could say "mimic me" and grunt in a way the kid could. Eventually an inflection could be added, etc. I'd try making the kid comfortable with me and I'd look for opportunities to drill a sound into his mind and get him to say something, which would be difficult for me to teach any other caregiver to do. I'm picturing quiet moments with the kid over an extended period, like weeks. It highly depends on the kid and the situation.

Recently some nonverbal autistic girl got press for graduating college. I'm really curious how an intelligent grownup could not mimic the sound of words at all. I want to look into that.

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:07 pm

HighlyIrregular II wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:19 pm
One cause I'd still like to work for is helping kids with nonverbal autism. I mentioned this on the other forum and made it sound like "I have ways to make kids talk...just let me be alone with them." Which I think is true but not in a bad way. I want various sounds drilled into their heads so they may blurt one of the more memorable ones out eventually. I'd try to think up some automated reward for saying something. A toy could say "mimic me" and grunt in a way the kid could. Eventually an inflection could be added, etc. I'd try making the kid comfortable with me and I'd look for opportunities to drill a sound into his mind and get him to say something, which would be difficult for me to teach any other caregiver to do. I'm picturing quiet moments with the kid over an extended period, like weeks. It highly depends on the kid and the situation.

Recently some nonverbal autistic girl got press for graduating college. I'm really curious how an intelligent grownup could not mimic the sound of words at all. I want to look into that.
Well?
ENTP

HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:57 pm

Yesterday wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:07 pm
Well?
I don't see anyone allowing me to try this, and I didn't get a chance to research how intelligent non-verbal autism works, but I suspect its like Aphasia, where you could learn to speak individual words but it's too hard to form sentences. And I heard there's a theory that their speaking muscles need to be better developed, and there's a therapy where you stimulate their mouth parts to get the blood flowing.

Maybe some day I'll create an impressive looking website and try to find parents who will let me babysit their nonverbal kids.

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:25 am

HighlyIrregular II wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:57 pm
Yesterday wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:07 pm
Well?
I don't see anyone allowing me to try this, and I didn't get a chance to research how intelligent non-verbal autism works, but I suspect its like Aphasia, where you could learn to speak individual words but it's too hard to form sentences. And I heard there's a theory that their speaking muscles need to be better developed, and there's a therapy where you stimulate their mouth parts to get the blood flowing.

Maybe some day I'll create an impressive looking website and try to find parents who will let me babysit their nonverbal kids.
I trust you'd be excellent at such an endeavour.
ENTP