Happy Thursday

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Madrigal

Happy Thursday

Post by Madrigal » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:21 pm

Do you get these? A gif sent on WhatsApp or other social media, wishing you a Happy [whatever fucking day of the week it is]? Like, even on many days of the same week? What are these people doing?

Should I start sending gifs wishing people a Happy [wrong day of the week] just to see what happens?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Re: Happy Thursday

Post by Julius_Van_Der_Beak » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:42 pm

No. I think if you wanted people to hate you, though, you could consistently send them Happy Monday messages.

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:21 pm

I think a better strategy might be to block anyone who sends you these things. Could it really be that much of a loss. ;)

I jest, of course, one just has to put up with non-NT silliness if one doesn't want to become a social pariah.

djm
Formerly: djm

Post by djm » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:56 pm

No and no.

Maybe people just don't like me enough to wish me a happy anything. but definitely cool with that.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:57 pm

He's doing it again. :huh:

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:16 am

I'll have you know I'm a Saturday baby, baby. And so I wish you a happy Saturday. It's the day God took a nap. Didn't you know?! :lol:
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

puerile_polyp

Post by puerile_polyp » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:07 pm

I don't understand how you find it in you to maintain connections like that.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:35 am

Madrigal wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:21 pm
Should I start sending gifs wishing people a Happy [wrong day of the week] just to see what happens?
Casually drop this in the chat on the 30th.

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:49 am

puerile_polyp wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:07 pm
I don't understand how you find it in you to maintain connections like that.
She's sweeter than syrup, duh. I suspect it's one of those one-sided digital friendships.
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

elfsprin

Post by elfsprin » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:43 am

When I managed a tier two devops team, we supported decades old legacy apps and infrastructure. Like, stuff still on the mainframe using adabas and workflow orchestrators calling c programs and macros running on pcs hidden under someone’s desk for twenty years.

Also the apps had been outsourced then insourced then outsourced again five or six times so all documentation had been lost to time. Since we supported both incident and change management… it was fun, fly by the seat of your pants times.

Also the apps were critical for supporting about 10 billion in revenue annually, so.

Anyway. After a particularly stressful week finding and cobbling together workarounds for single points of failure and hardcoding, at our team meeting I displayed this pic as a send off for the weekend, and it was a hit.

Periodically thereafter I would email them ‘happy Xday” emails disguised as something else, and the pic would be the only message contents. It was fun hearing the team randomly burst out in maniacal laughter as they got around to opening it.

Does that count?
► Show Spoiler
Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity - Simone Weil