Product labels to test my eyesight

Worldly and otherworldly topics
HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Product labels to test my eyesight

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:49 pm

What product labels (available in America) can you not read or barely read? I'm mostly interested in answers from people with normal or above average eyesight so wear your glasses if you wear glasses.

Tags:

Spartan26

Re: Product labels to test my eyesight

Post by Spartan26 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:10 pm

Vitamin or OTC drugs I can't make out too well. Most stuff I don't need to but I was curious about some fish oil tablets that someone had given to me and I was looking for helpful detail, like time of day to take or with or without meal, that sort of thing, and I couldn't make out the label.

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:58 pm

Wait until you get older. I used to have perfect vision up until age 45 or so. Now, not so much. I have glasses for distance now.

My near sight is still pretty good, but I lose focus inside about a foot or so. So fine print can be a challenge. I broke down and bought a magnifying glass for assistance (I could have sworn I owned one but couldn't find it anywhere).

Doesn't do me any good when out shopping, but I can manage to read ingredient labels for the most part, although teeny tiny font sizes on pill bottles like you mention can be a problem.

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:23 pm

I'm 55 and 1-1/2 feet is the comfortable reading distance for me. You raise another question...far things. I think I'm ok with that but it's hard to say.

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:53 pm

The CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Card! The back, bottom right and left has small print. The date on the left I could read with slight difficulty. The print to the right has close character spacing that make it more difficult but I could squint and read it. How about you?

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:41 pm

HighlyIrregular II wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:53 pm
The CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Card! The back, bottom right and left has small print. The date on the left I could read with slight difficulty. The print to the right has close character spacing that make it more difficult but I could squint and read it. How about you?
I'm Canadian, so I don't have the equivalent. Canada went online and cards are only available by special request (I think). I've just got a QR code on my phone for proof of vaccination. And a pdf somewhere with all the details.