Paintings, nick nacks and such, what's crap, what's not

Worldly and otherworldly topics
HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Paintings, nick nacks and such, what's crap, what's not

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:18 am

I have a print of a painting that I like but I'm guessing it's crap so I'm throwing it out. It's damaged anyway. The top edge is curling out of the frame, toward the viewer. You can't see the entire print because the mat (if you call it that) is the same size as the picture. No space between the edge of the print and the frame. Negative space infact. It's brittle -- I pressed against the edge and a bit broke off. IDK the name of this kind of print but it doesn't seem right.

Last week at a swap meet a woman said nobody likes nick nacks anymore. Are nick nacks out of fashion? I thought the little dog statues were cute.

My old "does anyone have no decorative items" thread was good. Too bad Ptah doesn't like us anymore.

HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Re: Paintings, knick knacks and such, what's crap, what's not

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:03 pm

I know know if Smurfs are knick Knacks, but I like them. I was never into action figures though. I used to see little glass figures at a craft show that I liked too. Or crystal or whatever. The most expensive was a carrousel that spun (when you spun it). I wanted them all but they were feminine. I think I have a book on carving whimsicals. I think I'd like that hobby.