A logical puzzle or A logical puzzle

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Mhc

A logical puzzle or A logical puzzle

Post by Mhc » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:20 am

a is the opposite to b
for a = b != a
for b = a != b

to better facilitate the correct visual spacial pathways to logical image flopping & processing lets extrapolate.

Imagine there are two people intertwined through a repeating loop equal to the relativistic length of the gravitational workings of the daily rotation of the earth. each end of the time loop is the opposite for the other and the mid point of the loop indicates the location at which time changes from past to future and future to past. so, two people are looping equally but oppositely through time, each for equal but opposite durations in the past and future, where while one person is in the past the other is in the future and vice versa.

each person perceives the others future as the past and both perceive their own notion of time as correct and the past of the other as the current.

the question is the answer
Last edited by Mhc on Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Re: A logical puzzle or A logical puzzle

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:14 am

I think I understand. I'd probably have used an illustration to help explain, but careful writing would still be important. My first impression is that you're directly defining a paradox and then saying that it's interesting that it's a paradox. Like "imagine your food is pizza but it looks like a burger to everyone. Wouldn't that be weird?" Except with movement. I'll think about it more later.

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:04 am

Mhc wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:20 am
a is the opposite to b
for a = b != a
for b = a != b
Just wondering if you're familiar with programming....

In some languages there is "not".... if "a" is "true" then !a is "false".

!= means "not equal to".

Mhc

Post by Mhc » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:21 am

JohnClay wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:04 am
Mhc wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:20 am
a is the opposite to b
for a = b != a
for b = a != b
Just wondering if you're familiar with programming....

In some languages there is "not".... if "a" is "true" then !a is "false".

!= means "not equal to".
sometimes i like to mix and match languages while a certain condition is true and return a notion that is emphasised by an idea
Last edited by Mhc on Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:42 pm

I thought the same thing as JC is saying.

I would think one would express "the opposite" by reversing the polarity. So if you say a is the opposite to b, I would say:

a = b = -a (of course, this cannot be true mathematically)

I have no idea if in the mathematics world the opposite of a is considered to be negative a.

I skipped your time stuff since I don't really subscribe to those notions. When we actually can get a real flesh and blood human being travelling at relativistic speeds, a first hand interview (or personal experience) will be required for me to assess the resultant perception. Assuming one can live through the process and not go insane.

HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:42 pm

I didn't even know if it was supposed to correlate with real physics. The interesting part for me was figuring out that the last part is true ("each person perceives the others future as the past and both perceive their own notion of time as correct and the past of the other as the current.") but the struggle in understanding the set up was just about as difficult and it shouldn't have been IMO.