Women's History Month

Worldly and otherworldly topics
HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Women's History Month

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:42 am

"Women's History Month is an annual declared month that highlights the contributions of women to events in history and contemporary society."

Anyone got anything for this thread? OK, here:
Canine chastity belt

In 1903, German Baroness Margarethe Johanne Christianne Marie von Heyden and her husband, anxious to maintain the purity of the pedigree of their dogs, designed a device to prevent "coition in the case of bitches and other female animals more particularly for the purpose of preventing cross-breeding". It was made of a shield of plaited material strapped to the animal's body to "cover the genital parts without interfering with the animal's excretions".

HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Re: Women's History Month

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:14 pm

I remember seeing ads for Sally Field's movie Norma Raye in 1979. I tried figuring out whether I was attracted to her. I had the same experience watching Gidget reruns late nights in the 80s. It took a mid-life crisis to finally decide yes on both counts. Burt was lucky.

In 1977 I used to watch WKRP in Cincinnati, mostly because DJs were considered cool. I lyingly listed it as my favorite TV program in my grade school yearbook. I think my real favorite show was Candid Camera or the Brady Bunch. I didn't have a crush on Loni Anderson though. I tried figuring it out later in life and it might have been her hair or maybe her face was too round and fleshy when she smiled. But I like Loni now. Burt was lucky.