ChatGPT and AIs

Worldly and otherworldly topics
HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Re: ChatGPT and AIs

Post by HighlyIrregular » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:21 am

I don't know why it's so bad and dishonest with certain factual things. It was probably designed to lie. I saw a blurry dog character in an old photo and I was trying to figure out what it was. Incidentally, I have an old photo of myself with a cartoon on TV in the background, I think a cartoon dog, and I want to post it somewhere to ask what cartoon it was, but I don't want to look for it now. It's in a heavy box.
Attachments
ChatGPT - costume dog.jpg
ChatGPT - costume dog.jpg (136.14 KiB) Viewed 2185 times

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:22 am

I can't figure out what show you are talking about either. Google did not help me. I saw a reference to cheesy Australian show (Wilfred) with a guy in a dog costume but is was dated circa 2010.

I think ChatGPT should have just said: I don't know.

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:20 am

There's Fleegle but I'm not sure if that's who I was looking for.

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:02 am

It's impossible to get into a good session of pretend because of the constant reminders that it's pretend. Nice safeguard against people with a propensity to confuse real from pretend, and in case the AI misses a cue that things turned real, but it's not always what a person would want.
Attachments
ChatGPT pretend.jpg
ChatGPT pretend.jpg (256.3 KiB) Viewed 1549 times

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:59 am

I asked ChatGPT what race has the largest mouth. It locked up. Closing the browser and starting a new session wouldn't let me log in until hours later. I wonder if a human reviewed things and gave me a pass.

I asked, I think it was Bing Chat the same question and it just gave me some record holders for the largest mouth. I had to interrogate it for a while, asking more general question about physical race differences. It eventually compared eye and nose sizes but not mouth opening.