ChatGPT and AIs

Worldly and otherworldly topics
HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Re: ChatGPT and AIs

Post by HighlyIrregular » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:21 am

I don't know why it's so bad and dishonest with certain factual things. It was probably designed to lie. I saw a blurry dog character in an old photo and I was trying to figure out what it was. Incidentally, I have an old photo of myself with a cartoon on TV in the background, I think a cartoon dog, and I want to post it somewhere to ask what cartoon it was, but I don't want to look for it now. It's in a heavy box.
Attachments
ChatGPT - costume dog.jpg
ChatGPT - costume dog.jpg (136.14 KiB) Viewed 6081 times

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:22 am

I can't figure out what show you are talking about either. Google did not help me. I saw a reference to cheesy Australian show (Wilfred) with a guy in a dog costume but is was dated circa 2010.

I think ChatGPT should have just said: I don't know.

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:20 am

There's Fleegle but I'm not sure if that's who I was looking for.

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:02 am

It's impossible to get into a good session of pretend because of the constant reminders that it's pretend. Nice safeguard against people with a propensity to confuse real from pretend, and in case the AI misses a cue that things turned real, but it's not always what a person would want.
Attachments
ChatGPT pretend.jpg
ChatGPT pretend.jpg (256.3 KiB) Viewed 5445 times

HighlyIrregular

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:59 am

I asked ChatGPT what race has the largest mouth. It locked up. Closing the browser and starting a new session wouldn't let me log in until hours later. I wonder if a human reviewed things and gave me a pass.

I asked, I think it was Bing Chat the same question and it just gave me some record holders for the largest mouth. I had to interrogate it for a while, asking more general question about physical race differences. It eventually compared eye and nose sizes but not mouth opening.

JohnClay

Post by JohnClay » Wed May 15, 2024 4:53 am

Amazing demonstratings of GPT-4o with realtime voices that sound very human and playful - and they can sing and laugh. They can also understand what is going on with a phone's camera

Here two AIs are finding things funny and laughing a lot: (a female AI looking at a hat, then a male AI being told a joke)
(at 9:57)

OpenAI's Figure robot - though there are some delays in the AI

HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Fri May 24, 2024 5:02 am

Me: review the post of someone from the message board intp.live

ChatGPT

Searched 6 sites

INTP.Live is a message board where members, often with an INTP personality type, engage in discussions about various topics, from personal anecdotes to philosophical musings. Here are some insights from recent posts:

Message in a Bottle - Reflections on Relationships:
One member shared a heartfelt reflection on a past friendship, expressing gratitude for the mutual joy and support they experienced. The post delved into the emotional complexities of the relationship, including moments of misunderstanding and personal growth. This type of post highlights the introspective and analytical nature of the INTP community, where deep personal insights and emotional processing are common​ (INTP Live)​.

Voice or Text Communication Preferences:
Another discussion revolved around the preferences for communication methods, particularly between voice and text. Some members expressed a strong preference for text due to its convenience and the ability to think before responding. Others favored voice for its personal touch. This conversation underscores the community's interest in understanding and optimizing social interactions in a way that aligns with their cognitive styles​ (INTP Live)​.

Practical Life Decisions - Bread Boxes:
In a more practical vein, a thread about the utility of bread boxes revealed varied opinions. One member mentioned using a bread box to avoid mold in humid climates, while another considered repurposing an old bread box for aesthetic and functional reasons in their kitchen. These discussions often blend practical advice with a touch of personal history and humor, reflecting the INTP's tendency to explore the rationale behind everyday decisions​ (INTP Live)​.

General Social Musings - Happy Thursday:
A light-hearted thread discussed the trivial yet amusing practice of wishing people a "Happy Thursday." Some members humorously debated the social norms and quirks associated with casual greetings, showcasing the community's enjoyment of playful banter and their critical approach to social conventions​ (INTP Live)​.

The INTP.Live forum is a rich tapestry of intellectual curiosity, personal reflections, and humorous exchanges, all characteristic of the INTP personality. Members value deep, thoughtful discussions and often approach topics with a unique blend of skepticism and creativity. For more insights and to join the conversation, you can visit the INTP.Live message board.