Gas ranges becoming obsolete

Worldly and otherworldly topics
HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Gas ranges becoming obsolete

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:18 am

My move is very near and very surreal and my future is very uncertain. For one thing (not that this is a biggie), after next month I may never use a gas range again. And I may never use a community laundry room or laundromat again. I may never be able to look out my window and see a natural body of water or a tall building ever again. But it's the right move, and gas ranges aren't healthy. I just wish I had a clue about what my real estate attorney's bill will be. I felt so lucky to find one after my hard research that got back to me that I didn't discuss fees.

Senseye

Re: Gas ranges becoming obsolete

Post by Senseye » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:07 am

I'm trying to fathom why you may never use a gas range again. Have some states banned them?

In any event, I've never used a gas range anyways. They cost more than electric so no rental places never have them, and I have never bothered to buy one as a homeowner. It strikes me as no big deal. Only cooking snobs go on about them (instant heat I believe). Admittedly I am not enough of a cook to notice what impact that may (I suspect it is trivial) on preparing a dish. But cooking snobs gotta snob, so only gas for them folks.

HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Re: Gas ranges becoming obsolete

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:37 am

Senseye wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:07 am
I'm trying to fathom why you may never use a gas range again. Have some states banned them?.
Yes, and if my new place has electric then by the time I have to replace it or move gas may be banned.

New York becomes the first state to ban natural gas stoves and furnaces in most new buildings