Every Day Carry

Worldly and otherworldly topics
HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Every Day Carry

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:52 pm

I spent hours shopping for a new wallet. How do people not care about cards being able to fall out when the wallet is upside down and closed? Zippered wallets are easy enough to find but I don't want to bother with a zipper when I could get a wallet with card slots that have openings at the fold of wallet instead of the top. I also preferred non-leather, but not no-name Chinese brands, because I once ordered a cheap nylon or canvas camo wallet online and it smelled really bad from a distance. And PLEASE with the prices! I'll wave an American flag with the best of them...or whatever....but I'd really rather not spend $40 for two pieces of Tyvek sewn together, even if it is made in the US. Tyvek is plastic anyway. Bad for the environment. So, I found a green sailcloth wallet on sale for $15. You can Google it. Black is more so I went with green. Not thrilled with the color but it seems like a $1.25 Dollar Tree product to me so I didn't want to pay more for black. Where would black get me anyway? My friend in Brooklyn won't make fun of my green wallet, and she's cool even if she does. So, I ordered it, then I was thinking, sail cloth is an outdoor product and probably contains extra UV blocking and mold inhibiting chemicals, so I'm killing myself even with this wallet.

Tags:

Yesterday

Re: Every Day Carry

Post by Yesterday » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:20 am

This just hits different when I read it like Jay Mohr's black "friend with a speech impediment" impression lol. Rip pre-accident Tracy Morgan.

Edit.

For the record, I'm a TBI survivor. My Mom says I started acting differently (retarded) after the accident at eight years old. While sliding on my knees, I hit my head on the basketball court floor of the church gymnasium. I was in a 24+ hr coma. Got the red carpet treatment after that *sigh*. Disciplining your children shouldn't stop because of accidents, parents.
Last edited by Yesterday on Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:28 am

My Swiss Champ pocket knife, which I had since high school, came in handy during my move. It's not EDC but I took it with me while leaving the rest of my tools in storage. I needed the philips screwdriver to fix my windows and I use the knife to open packages.

My P-38 can opener is my only can opener right now. That was EDC until I got here and put it in what will be my kitchen utensil draw.

And I love the mini-pen that fits in my key case.

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:29 am

My favorite everyday carry is a camouflage pocket knife. I reach for it just before I leave home in case I need protection. :wink:
► Show Spoiler
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:01 am

I guess I can endorse this wallet, for $15.
Attachments
IMG_20231026_015405260_copy_800x441.jpg
IMG_20231026_015405260_copy_800x441.jpg (92.3 KiB) Viewed 15152 times
IMG_20231026_015324017.jpg
IMG_20231026_015324017.jpg (138.36 KiB) Viewed 15152 times