Purposes of foreign countries

Worldly and otherworldly topics
HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Purposes of foreign countries

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:22 pm

I've often wondered "why don't they just become like us" ("us" being Americans). I still don't really know, but there's this:

I've read lots of complaints about glass cookware exploding and injuring people. It's generally soda-lime glass. In the old days, borosilicate glass was more common, which can withstand more heat. There are still some manufacturers of borosilicate glass cookware, mostly in Europe. One is Simax, "traditional European producer since 1837." Their loaf pans are overpriced on Amazon but I found a little store that sells them for half the price and they do online orders. If they do break, it will be in larger pieces that are more likely to cut you, so there's a tradeoff, but I prefer them.

Another thing Europe has is 134 cm long curtains. That is an out of date length in the US and those available on Ebay are very few and used. I live in an old apartment and I need that length for the bathroom. Not sure if it's out of date in Europe too, but there's a much larger selection of used ones from Europe.

The loaf pans I got from a store that sells Jewish items. I searched some Irish home decor stores in the US for curtains but I haven't found any yet. If anyone is visiting PA from Europe, bring me some 134 cm curtains in some shade of brown or white.