Worldly and otherworldly topics
roki

Tesla truck

Post by roki » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:40 pm

20191123_073730.jpg
20191123_073730.jpg (107.46 KiB) Viewed 4570 times
Somebody on reddit said it's as if PS1 Lara Croft were a vehicle

https://youtu.be/kNlhcLYcr2I

2:30 to see the glass; I admire how Elon recovered from his shock of it cracking

Tags:

puerile_polyp

Re: Tesla truck

Post by puerile_polyp » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:08 pm

The guy knows his market, it looks like an oversized plastic toy from an 80s cartoon in space. I'm sure he'll make money even if it sucks as a truck.

starjots

Post by starjots » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:00 am

An earnest attempt to convert the masses to a Mad Max utopia.

MoneyJungle

Post by MoneyJungle » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:20 am

My favorite part about driving a truck is the lack of blind spot. I assume there’s some sort of camera or sensor doodad on the Tesla truck but I don’t have faith in such things compared to craning around my tired auld neck. I’m obviously not the market. I’m sure Tesla will sell a bunch, whichever form finally gets to market. It’s definitely distinctive. I think it’s ugly (particularly the roof) but I’ll take ugly over being completely unable to locate it in a parking lot. Motor vehicles don’t really do it for me.

djm
Formerly: djm

Post by djm » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:15 pm

It's vile.

It reminds me of the ridiculous outfits you see models photographed in, the ones where you think the designer is having a secret joke on the public to see what rubbish they will pretend to like.

I drive a Toyota Hilux (similar to the Tacoma for those in the US). No way would I be swapping it out for that ugly monstrosity.

Limey

Post by Limey » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:48 pm

I'm a bit of a Tesla fanboy. The truck isn't to my taste. I'd much rather have an S class, but I can see where they decided to go a bit different and the truck is very functional. Apparently they were throwing the ball at the bullet proof glass all day and going harder and harder.

Model S crash videos are impressive in how they always go through the other cars like butter. The model S with a third row of seats features hardened boron steel double octagonal crash structures. People have been getting drunk and crashing them at triple digit speeds and surviving.

They're not only faster than 98% of what's on the road, but they exceed every safety rating. The new 2021 performance model 3 versions are posting higher than rated performance numbers with dynometer wheel "horsepower" over 520BHP

starjots

Post by starjots » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:38 pm

The shape apparently is a byproduct of the material, stainless steel. Can't stamp it into shape but you can make a few bends.

I also cop to being a bit of a fanboi, this plus a light trailer (Safari Condo) would make a good all electric travel rig. Therefore, despite my dislike of modern gigantic trucks, one of these is conceivably in my future.

As for looks, I like 1940s trucks.