Little gusts of hot air that don't deserve their own thread.

Worldly and otherworldly topics
HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Re: Little gusts of hot air that don't deserve their own thread.

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:58 pm

A neighbor has been helping me out until I get a financial situation settled. She brought me homemade food and groceries. After my situation is settled I have to decide whether to do something like send her a gift basket. Except that's weird since she's next door, so I guess I'd bring one to her door. Fruits and cheeses? I don't know what she likes. I may not but I'm thinking about it. She's kind of elderly but in good shape and uses her cell phone all the time. Maybe she's early 70s.

Next month we get to see scientifically important pictures from the James Webb telescope. I'm looking forward to it. I remember waiting for the Hubble's first photos around the time Sammy Davis Jr. was dying. I can't believe how long ago that was. But there was a problem with the manufacturing of the Hubble and photos were delayed. I remember thinking if I were him I'd be pissed that I should have been able to see the photos if not for the problem. I think he died before he got to see them.

I have like a Utisz supermarket thing: if you have to use a library bathroom but the door stop is keeping it open and there's a folding Wet Floor sign in front of the door but the floor is dry, do you move the sign, raise the door stop, and use the bathroom or do you wait or do you ask permission to go in? I'm bold up in this piece. I kicked up the door stop, moved the sign inside the bathroom with my foot, and went to the bathroom. Then I stole some toilet paper before I left.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:30 pm

HighlyIrregular II wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:58 pm
A neighbor has been helping me out until I get a financial situation settled. She brought me homemade food and groceries. After my situation is settled I have to decide whether to do something like send her a gift basket. Except that's weird since she's next door, so I guess I'd bring one to her door. Fruits and cheeses? I don't know what she likes. I may not but I'm thinking about it. She's kind of elderly but in good shape and uses her cell phone all the time. Maybe she's early 70s.
Are you working right now or still looking? Just wondering because I heard there were lots of service jobs available after the "great resignation". Is that true?

Anyway, if your neighbor is in her 70s, there should be plenty of things she's not strong enough to do that you could help her with, but I can't really think of any right now.

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:59 pm

Madrigal wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:30 pm
Are you working right now or still looking? Just wondering because I heard there were lots of service jobs available after the "great resignation". Is that true?

Anyway, if your neighbor is in her 70s, there should be plenty of things she's not strong enough to do that you could help her with, but I can't really think of any right now.
Yeah, I hear the job market is great, but :dunno: I took a temporary break from looking.

I don't think I'll buy her anything but it's still something I'll be thinking about. Finding something she needs help with would be tough. I'd rather just buy her something for Christmas or something.

jyng1

Post by jyng1 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:49 am

Fuck... 67% of possession against Costa Rica and 15 shots at goal vs 4 but against but went down 1-0... with one blind ref who disallowed a good goal. no world cup for us. :hurt:

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:36 pm

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 7:51 pm
Old angry library man called a retarded kid a retard twice last time I was there.
That library was closed for a month and recently reopened and the guy hasn't come back yet, but I saw him in a local department store, sitting on the bench in the vestibule. This is the first time I used the word vestibule. He had a camera around his neck. I made a quick video and took a snapshot from it. He was speaking profanities to himself as always. He rehashed an incident where someone asked him "is that a gun in your bag." I got it on audio. I don't want him back in my library so I didn't tell him it's opened. It would have been fun to call him by his name to mess with him but I didn't.

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:35 pm

The biggest coincidences in our lives are probably stupid things. One of my biggest is back when I started using olive oil. The first time I bought it I bought a big tin that I always thought of when I thought of olive oil. When I finally used it up, I put in in the recycling bin of the compactor closet on my floor and there was another big olive oil tin in there! Possibly one other time in 35 years did I see a big olive oil tin in there.

Similar story when I bought "The Angler" broom. The next day someone threw out theirs. I never saw anyone throw out a broom after that.

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:11 am

I get the sense when I'm about 15 feet from the curb whether my stride will leave me in a good position to step up without taking a fractional step. I still have to confirm that I have this power but it's looking good.

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:27 am

HighlyIrregular II wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:11 am
I get the sense when I'm about 15 feet from the curb whether my stride will leave me in a good position to step up without taking a fractional step. I still have to confirm that I have this power but it's looking good.
I get the sense I've been hacked. FML gotta make a new account again. :palm:
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:58 pm

Yesterday wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:27 am
We could have united with our common superpowers and been role models to those struggling with excessive stride revision at the curb. But you choose to waste time password protecting your Curb Studies directory and choosing another Beatles song. Fine, I'll find a partner on the east coast and save money because we could share the same office.

Senseye

Post by Senseye » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:48 pm

Yesterday wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:27 am
Well, if'n you do, sh'up your face and notify Utisz to disable your old account. 'Cuz that dude is annoying.