What are your thoughts and/or feelings on the possibility that conscious life is perpetuating itself through eternity?

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Yesterday

What are your thoughts and/or feelings on the possibility that conscious life is perpetuating itself through eternity?

Post by Yesterday » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:28 pm

I often wonder if those among us with dominant Ti, notwithstanding the other attendant functions, would consider the title question. Maybe think of it as I like to. Kind of a way to augment one's sense of mystery and wonder about existence. .
Last edited by Yesterday on Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tags:

Catoptric

Re: What are your thoughts and/or feelings on the possibility that conscious life is perpetuating itself through eternit

Post by Catoptric » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:39 pm

Considering that consciousness seems to persist outside of materialism physics (as per EVP study or photographic proof of such phenomenon, but also claims of NDE,) it seems as if physics has some underlying elements that are involved in consciousness.

The double-slit experiment which seems repeatable and demonstrates a possible observer phenomenon with light particles, might have hinted at certain elements of matter being influenced by merely thinking about it (though how accurate is such a study, and does it prove that consciousness is actually interacting with it?)

Searching for info does reveal a surprising number of articles in favor of such an idea and yet I still don't really understand it much as I've read people's mathematical theorems on consciousness which I might have posted a link to in "what are you reading" or something, and his main premise had to deal with Emmy Noether's theorem which incidentally isn't a one size fits all theorem, as it has varying specificities which apply only in certain circumstances (meaning physics as we know it is largely unpredictable.)

https://www.google.com/search?q=conscoi ... e&ie=UTF-8

Some previous posts I made in the Science thread
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3294&p=6081&hilit=c ... ness#p6081

The Emmy Noether focused theorem of consciousness was something on Academia and I made a reply to it from an invite, but I think it might have been on the other website before it was shut down. Alternatively the author of this article has a lot of conscious universe based articles he writes. https://www.academia.edu/43020522/Consc ... of_Reality
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

Yesterday

Re: What are your thoughts and/or feelings on the possibility that conscious life is perpetuating itself through eternit

Post by Yesterday » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:02 am

Utisz wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:46 am
What's this about feelings?
Yep. :lol:

Actually it's about my interest in paganism and Celtic history and anything non Judeo-Christian religion based - kinda stuff. It's about sucking at chit chat because of my thinking restrictions and preferences. As an ENTP, or someone who loves entertaining the possibilities for and against anything and everything of what was, is, and could be, but sucks at conversation, I tend toward abandoning any civil exchanges of ideas and just settle for messing with people. Or connecting with others through value alignment. But I scare myself sometimes. Like in the one hand I want to follow typical forum chit chat protocol and on the other I wanna saw open people's skulls and squish squish squish a bit on their brain blobs. If I were to reword this thread title it'd say something like, "will the you you are fundamentally always be the you you will be? Yes/no, and why?".
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."
- from my Ph.D. thesis in psychobabble

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:15 am

Utisz wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:46 am
What's this about feelings?
It was just a random thought. But um I kinda want to think about a thing that always has been. God. And how we'll be capable of existing on a level of permanence like him. But like with memories from the now. I guess thinking makes me nervous because then I have to read stuff and I can't reconcile the science stuff with the Bible stuff even if it is all actually science stuff embedded in sacred religious parlance that focuses on a human centric preserveratory imperitive for going back into the manifold whatever that means lol. Bah. So nevermind. Just split balling and hiding it with silly comments.
ENTP

"Our truest selves exist within the observational incongruencies among general first impressions and further analyses of the finer details."

starjots

Post by starjots » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:52 am

Since we're not too sure about what consciousness is, I suppose it can't be ruled out.

Since we're not too clear on what time is, or if it exists fundamentally (I think that's right), can't rule it out either.

Since it's an overly convenient answer to really hard questions that's unproven, I'd hesitate to rule it in.

Yesterday

Post by Yesterday » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:33 am

starjots wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:52 am
Since we're not too sure about what consciousness is, I suppose it can't be ruled out.

Since we're not too clear on what time is, or if it exists fundamentally (I think that's right), can't rule it out either.

Since it's an overly convenient answer to really hard questions that's unproven, I'd hesitate to rule it in.
Checks out.
ENTP

Catoptric

Post by Catoptric » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:38 am

PSYCHOPHYSICISTS: YOUR BRAIN MIGHT NOT BE AS CONSCIOUS AS YOU THINK
"YOU JUST BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE CONSCIOUS AT EACH MOMENT OF TIME."
https://futurism.com/the-byte/psychophy ... -conscious

Experiment Suggests That Consciousness May Be Rooted in Quantum Physics
Is this where "consciousness begins?"
https://futurism.com/human-consciousnes ... um-physics
Societal egress and ennui
Hello / Goodbye / Just a moment / Nothing / Cosmic / Man / Dream / Civilization / Open / Contact / Tremble / Gas / Memory / Transcend / ^2

starjots

Post by starjots » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:20 pm

Catoptric wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:38 am
PSYCHOPHYSICISTS: YOUR BRAIN MIGHT NOT BE AS CONSCIOUS AS YOU THINK
"YOU JUST BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE CONSCIOUS AT EACH MOMENT OF TIME."
https://futurism.com/the-byte/psychophy ... -conscious
A thought occurred to me this morning after I'd dreamed. Here is what I consciously was aware of earlier.

1. I was dreaming. I was experiencing a dream at that moment.
2. I was waking up. I had no memory of dreaming.
3. The idea that I had dreamed surfaced, and I began to retrieve details of the dream. I was also aware of the 'shape' of other dream details, but could not retrieve enough to put it into words.

Now the thought that occurred to me later was -- how could I be conscious of a dream, experiencing it in complete detail, and then completely forget it a moment later while waking?

When I was awake and remembered dreaming, it was a memory of a past event. Yet, I had been aware of dreaming at the time I was dreaming. And now I can't even put into words why this is really strange, but it is.