Post Your Dream

Worldly and otherworldly topics
starjots

Re: Post Your Dream

Post by starjots » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:48 pm

I was living in Los Alamos. I lived for 25 years but moved a few years ago. Los Alamos is an out of the way town, up on a plateau, purposefully placed in an out of the way location because the nature of its origin. I haven't been back in three years since I moved.

In the dream, I lived in Los Alamos and was going 'down the mountain', maybe to Santa Fe, late at night. I was driving some old style car, maybe a 1950's make. I made it to my destination and ran out of gas. It was late and no gas stations were open, so I left the car and proceeded on foot.

The most interesting part of the dream was what I was doing there, something about recalling future events, but most of those details are lost.

I realized I needed to get home in order to get any sleep at all. But I could not find my car, which was out of gas anyway. I found my self at the base of the road up the mountain and realized it was a ten mile walk and I'd get no sleep at all that night.

Then a semi truck screamed by me at 120 miles per hour, heading up the mountain. It passed other vehicles by veering off the road and driving through the low scrub and vegetation. I watched it getting smaller, sure it would crash driving at such terrific speed through such rough terrain, but it did not and soon disappeared from sight.

Then I saw the commuter train that went up the mountain (there is no such train), had a night service which consisted of bare wooden seats floating in the air. I got on one and off it went, up and up, traveling rather fast. It stopped twice, and I saw I had to get off the seat and get on another invisible track and get on another seat. Soon enough I'd arrived in town.

It was 3:30 A.M in the morning by the time I arrived in town, and it was already light out, a strange early morning light. There were a handful of people out in the street in a neighborhood that looked familiar but I didn't recognize. It had that post-war housing, the tall evergreen trees, the hilly streets that reminded me of some parts of town, but I couldn't tell where I was. I remarked to the people about it being light so early, and they said it was always like this.

I started to wander around looking for my house and found myself at the base of a snowy mountain looking straight up at a barren peak that looked like it belonged in the Himalayas. My house was not there. I continued wandering the town until I finally got a good vantage of the entire village.

It was then I realized I was not in fact in the right town at all and I wondered how I'd find my way back.

starjots

Post by starjots » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:24 am

Fragment

At some sort of outdoor show in the English countryside. As part of this, took a ride in one of several experimental RVs. Afterwards, sat on a bench and a stray dog wandered up, a small French Poodle, maybe 10 pounds. It had a collar and with its name in Chinese with an English translation that read "White fur with metal bits", which sort of matched its close cut curly coat. I thought, I really didn't know this dog's name, since I couldn't pronounce it in Chinese.

HighlyIrregular II
Formerly: BarII

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:55 am

I think I have semi-recurring dreams about looking out the window at a field and water. I had one during a nap. The shore was shaped a little differently than in real life and something was crossing it at a shallow spot. I think a bicycle, which I've never seen crossing it IRL, and it was even shallower than it is IRL. This got me wondering if I'm seeing it correctly. I'm not sure if I suspected a dream but think I did. I tried imagining what the water really looks like from memory or something. I think I half woke myself up to do this, and I was able to picture the real-life shoreline. I don't think I was asleep much longer after that.

So, I'm on 2G speed and this forum takes forever to load the reply text box. It shows, but says "loading" to the right of it for a few minutes before I could type. I wonder what it's doing during that time. I'm on Android.

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:48 am

I had another dream about finding a room, but this time it was someone else's room in an apartment next to or downstairs from mine. I think that exact scenario may be a recurring dream. I was trying not to get caught looking through a hole at the room. I think I got caught and a guy came into my kitchen to ask me questions but I'm foggy about the details.

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:28 pm

Four dream events mirrored my real life during a nap:

1. Strangers in my apartment (like the strangers who come to my open houses to look at the apartment)
2. A huge peach on a kitchen shelf that I forgot about but noticed just in time to refrigerate (I'm taking care of things OK, but just barely)
3. Kitchen garbage almost overflowing because I forgot to throw it out for days (same as #2)
4. I had to go to the bathroom at the same time as someone who I let go first. As I was wondering whether I should have gone first, I woke up needing to pee.

starjots

Post by starjots » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:46 pm

I was in the front yard of the house I live in now with my wife. We are as we are now. To the south, the cone of a giant volcano has erupted quite close by, a few miles at most. Looking directly overhead I see high in the above us smoke, ash, rocks being ejected from the volcano flying up and outward. The ground is shaking and there is a loud roaring sound.

There is a deafening explosion, and another volcano, even closer, come up from the ground. An irregularly shaped rock at least a hundred feet across sails through the sky landing among the houses across the street, obliterating a couple of blocks of residences and it tumbles on the ground. Now the ejecta overhead is much lower, whizzing by.

My daughter comes out of the house and heads along the porch toward her car. "I'm leaving."

There is no escape for us.

I wake up, it's still the middle of the night.

In all its particulars, this is an unusual dream for me. And though volcanic activity is possible where I live, it's not the sort with huge explosions -- that would be the last place I lived. It seems my mind is mixing the inevitableness of death with recent videos about different types of volcanoes. But the inclusion of myself and my wife as we are and where we are was unsettling.

The video which was one of the seeds for this dream is this one - I actually learned quite a bit about volcanism that I did not know.

starjots

Post by starjots » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:50 pm

Dream fragment

I boarded a bus, which was more like a stretch limo in profile. My Mom was driving and I went down the isle, counting the people. I was up to thirty or so when I got to the back where I saw my Dad sitting. We recognized each other and greeted each other warmly.

--

Not too crazy about the obvious symbolism of this one. Still, it was nice to see my parents who have been gone fifteen years.

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Tue May 02, 2023 2:26 pm

Me and a school mate couldn't find our class. He opened a door to a classroom where a male teacher or something was molesting or hurting students somehow in a back room. The students were just sitting and waiting for their turn, maybe being held prisoner. I don't remember if I sat down too but I think I was thinking of stopping it or leaving when a witch came in with intentions to join in the molestation. She stood by me for a minute and I was hoping she wouldn't choose me so I could leave but she did. I tore her apart with something. Then there was a part where I was doing something with a laptop computer, then I was walking down the hallway and saw a crow that I suspected was the witch who was going to change back and attack me. I was about to research whether crows turn into witches, and that's all I remember.

HighlyIrregular II

Post by HighlyIrregular II » Wed May 03, 2023 2:30 pm

I was talking to Jay Leno who was in his car. Then he pulled away and turned the corner and I ran up to him again and gave him an idea but I don't remember what. He invited me out for something he didn't think I'd be into and I said it's OK and that he'd be surprised, but I forgot what. On the way, the car changed to some other place. I showed him that my boots were discoloring. They were turning orange in some spots. A girl spoke to him then told her friends that Jay Leno was there. We arrived at a place that served pizza. We waited 30 minutes without being served and he complained. Then it looked like our pizza was coming and I said something clever about getting ready and felt less inadequate.

I also dreamed I was at a table and someone brought in a monkey. I played with it but it bit me. I pet it, then I put my hand gently on its belly and it looked surprised. Something about an insect too but I totally forgot as I was trying to remember.

I also dreamed I was on a train with some people and it was about to crash and eject us onto a nice path. I got into "crash position" which I think was me sitting on the floor with my legs extended. Someone complimented my knowledge of crash position.

Maybe my thinking about an imminent move in the near future is making me imagine weird interactions and events.

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:32 am

I was looking at The Joker and telling someone that he actually was in Star Trek acting with William Shatner. It seemed funny but I believed it was true. I thought about it when I woke up and thinking of William Shatner acting with The Joker kind of gives me the same vibe as Adam West acting with The Joker.