Little Raves

Worldly and otherworldly topics
Limey

Little Raves

Post by Limey » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:23 am

A place to rave, let's not be so pessimistic.

Limey

Re: Little Raves

Post by Limey » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:55 am

Little rave: - Taking off a Friday. It's like the weekend started early.
In-fact, being back in the UK, where most people get about a month off work (six weeks for many, including nurses, teachers, gubbmint workers etc.)
I get about 32 paid days off per year and I hadn't used most of them up this year so I just started carving up weeks, one day in, one day out. It's been great. They still let me carry five days over to next year, so I'm banking those for when travel opens back up to the immunised.

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:12 pm

I have one week of full holidays, starting now I guess. :/

I saved up the other week for the end of the year. I plan to stop working overtime come March. Things have gotta change around here. Which reminds me...

starla

Post by starla » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:05 am

Tonight I made vegan grilled cheese and tomato soup. The soup was just canned tomatoes, some left over vegetable broth, a handful of cashews, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and some fresh basil off our patio. I put it in my vitamix for six minutes on high and it came out hot. It was fantastic.

roki

Post by roki » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:01 pm

starla wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:05 am
Tonight I made vegan grilled cheese and tomato soup. The soup was just canned tomatoes, some left over vegetable broth, a handful of cashews, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and some fresh basil off our patio. I put it in my vitamix for six minutes on high and it came out hot. It was fantastic.
Tomato soup is so harsh on my stomach. I imagine the cashews neutralize the acid. Sounds delicious.

Mashy

Post by Mashy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:29 am

After a brief fling with extraversion I seem to have come crashing back down to needing long periods of isolation. I feel lucky to live by myself and I love my home.

MoneyJungle

Post by MoneyJungle » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:29 pm

Shout out to everyone who put on real pants today. Looking good!

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:42 pm

MoneyJungle wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:29 pm
Shout out to everyone who put on real pants today. Looking good!
Why didn't you post this yesterday? :hurt:

DJ Drug Problem
Formerly: DJ Fresh Produce

Post by DJ Drug Problem » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:25 pm

Wow I was totally wrong about magnesium. It's like taking a euphoric sedative but without the side effects. What the fuck have I been doing not taking magnesium? I want to change my name to magnesio

This is what it's like to take 5 magnesiums at the same time. I'm getting totally ripped on magnesium

I need to buy some more magnesium right away.

jyng1

Post by jyng1 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:24 am

I just got unfriended by someone on Facebook for mentioning on their Dr Seuss fake outrage post that Dr Seuss wrote 6 books that incorporated racial stereotypes that were often depicted in subservient roles to white people, including one case of a white person who wanted to put a coloured person in his Zoo.

This cancel culture is getting out of control :lol: