Post Your Dream

Worldly and otherworldly topics
starjots

Post Your Dream

Post by starjots » Thu May 20, 2021 4:46 am

Post Your Dream as in while you were sleeping dream. For entertainment.

Dream 1
I was asleep in my motorhome and dreamed I left the RV and travelled to Greenland and a basecamp where I drove an old car of mine into a deep canyon and then back out. I decided to get back and bicycled back to my RV and found my wife standing outside in the dark waiting for me.

"Where did you go?" She said, "I woke up and you weren't there."

I realized that my going to Greenland was real, some sort of astral projection, and that meant the spirit world was real. I got excited and tried to explain this to her. But my words were very slow, almost impossible to speak. That's when I woke up -- while trying to explain to her the spirit world was real, I was trying to actually speak, i.e., forcing myself awake.

Dream 2
I found myself in an office of the Oregon State Police Dept. on a friendly visit. Someone told me they were worried about the chief of police. Apparently the state police were running some sort of outreach on social media where they swapped recipes. The chief of police had gotten into an online dispute with someone over a recipe. "I've never seen him so shaken up" I was told.

Tags:

Roger Mexico

Re: Post Your Dream

Post by Roger Mexico » Thu May 20, 2021 4:54 am

I had a memorable one a few nights ago where I was a student at what appeared to be a post-apocalyptic high school, with Bernie Sanders as a principal.

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:40 am

I had one of my recurring dreams during a nap. It probably sounds like a neutral dream but this particular episode of the dream made my dream self pretty happy. I found several new rooms where I live. One was a utility room. In another area I saw part of a sink or toilet through a hole in the wall, then I found the room it was in and it had running water. I was doing something in an outside area too but I don't remember what.

I'm not sure what it is with me and finding new rooms. I think a few times it was a second kitchen.

starjots

Post by starjots » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:50 pm

HighlyIrregular wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:40 am
I had one of my recurring dreams during a nap. It probably sounds like a neutral dream but this particular episode of the dream made my dream self pretty happy. I found several new rooms where I live. One was a utility room. In another area I saw part of a sink or toilet through a hole in the wall, then I found the room it was in and it had running water. I was doing something in an outside area too but I don't remember what.

I'm not sure what it is with me and finding new rooms. I think a few times it was a second kitchen.
This reminds me of a recurring dream I've had and of course, barely remember. I'm in a farmhouse of sorts and I seem to be living there. In the kitchen, I discover a door to another room/area/house I've never known was there before.

I wonder if I started dreaming this after visiting Meow Wolf in Santa Fe a few years back. There's a refrigerator there which you open and discover a door into another part of the house (and can walk through).

Link to Meow Wolf walk through video - the refrigerator is at 1:20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YHLBrXS5rg

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:04 am

I'm shamefully forgetful when it comes to remembering the dead. This is why it's a welcome surprise when my subconscious decides to invite deceased friends/celebrities into my dreams. Usually, it's a bunch of dead people sitting around drinking stuff in some lounge partitioned off without any visible doors or whatever. But I'm fine just being a silent participant. Sort of reminds me of those scenes from the Marvel TV series, Legion.

These ones

"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

MoneyJungle

Post by MoneyJungle » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:57 pm

I took a one way flight to Buenos Aires to go visit Utisz and Madrigal. The downtown was comprised of four retrofuturist skyscrapers surrounding a square. I was telling Utisz about how I no longer blog here because all my posts devolve into desperation by the second paragraph. I asked Madrigal to use her airline connections to get me a return ticket to the states and she was annoyedly on the phone. The next thing I knew, I was shooting onto the baggage carousel at DFW strapped to a dolly.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:43 am

MoneyJungle wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:57 pm
I took a one way flight to Buenos Aires to go visit Utisz and Madrigal. The downtown was comprised of four retrofuturist skyscrapers surrounding a square. I was telling Utisz about how I no longer blog here because all my posts devolve into desperation by the second paragraph. I asked Madrigal to use her airline connections to get me a return ticket to the states and she was annoyedly on the phone. The next thing I knew, I was shooting onto the baggage carousel at DFW strapped to a dolly.
It's not a blog post though unless the second paragraph drops the plumb line.

Madrigal has lost all her airline connections unfortunately. Well she managed to smuggle a couple of cats though check-in this one time I guess, but the best she has done since then was hook me up with Helios to take a shower in some VIP area in Dallas this one time I missed a once-a-day connecting flight to Japan. Forum connections for the win!

You should visit some time! :hat:

MoneyJungle

Post by MoneyJungle » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:42 am

Utisz wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:43 am
MoneyJungle wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:57 pm
It's not a blog post though unless the second paragraph drops the plumb line.

Madrigal has lost all her airline connections unfortunately. Well she managed to smuggle a couple of cats though check-in this one time I guess, but the best she has done since then was hook me up with Helios to take a shower in some VIP area in Dallas this one time I missed a once-a-day connecting flight to Japan. Forum connections for the win!

You should visit some time! :hat:
DFW? Maybe that was in my subconscious. I’ve never been to that airport. I haven’t been to any airport in around five years. I should visit South America. I could use some adventure. I’m nailed down here with personal stuff for the forseeable but I would love to. I’ll expect a shower in Dallas.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:28 am

MoneyJungle wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:42 am
DFW? Maybe that was in my subconscious. I’ve never been to that airport. I haven’t been to any airport in around five years. I should visit South America. I could use some adventure. I’m nailed down here with personal stuff for the forseeable but I would love to. I’ll expect a shower in Dallas.
DFW indeed! There's direct flights to/from here. Adventures await! :hat:

Madrigal

Post by Madrigal » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:21 pm

MoneyJungle wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:42 am
I'll pass on the message. :D How awesome would it be if we did a post-pandemic meet-up somewhere!