Watcha doin? - a hobby thread

Worldly and otherworldly topics
ashi

Re: Watcha doin? - a hobby thread

Post by ashi » Sat May 22, 2021 6:39 pm

Madrigal wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 12:32 am
I would love to use a wok of any sort but we don't have a gas stove. I suppose this is some kind of cookery crime, but when I make a stir-fry, I do without.
Who am I to comment? I am over here committing very nearly all of the cookery crimes.

But I use only gas and now think less of you. :ph34r:
What's wrong with your wrists? Also, have you ever used a creuset and if so, is it worth it?
Oh, you know, various injuries and such. As for creuset, I am unfamiliar with this use of this word. Whether you mean enamel coated cast iron pans in general, or a Dutch oven specifically, yes! They provide nearly all the benefits of cast iron without the tedious maintenance. For years, I cooked using only a set that was such a pot and a lid that doubled as a small frying pan. :-)

SomeInternetBloke
Formerly: Makes Sense

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:14 pm

Edit: it's like a delicious glass of fine wine. just get's better with age: beauty, life, people (Mashy), deciding to order Dr. Pinesett course so I can achieve something academic in my 30s to create individual wealth, et cetera.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

HighlyIrregular
Formerly: BarIII

Post by HighlyIrregular » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:00 am

Still patching walls. I've been using hot mud which I scoop out and mix with water and there's always excess, so I've been using the excess on parts of the wall that I wasn't intending to patch yet. I took pictures off the wall and fixed bad patching jobs that previous painters did for nail holes. I patched the cracking between door frames and the wall. I patched the indentation that a door stop made. I'm almost done with the main patching that spawned all the extra jobs and I've been thinking about what color to paint the walls. I saw a couple of Youtube videos where people's door frames and doors were white and the walls were off white, and I think I'll do that but I'll do some research to make sure it's not a fad that people hate now.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:23 am

The lighting is a bit off but it's Mashy's very own art gallery nonetheless. Don't thank me, just pay it forward. Also, would've dyed the avatar's hair but that exceeded by time costs. Enjoy! :hi: :w00t: :clap: . I plan to exchange this tensegrity model for a more fitting piece of art. Something with flowers I think *shrug*.

(edited: Hm, that skirt's a bit short. My bad if that's an issue. If so, it's just stupid pixels.)
Last edited by SomeInternetBloke on Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My favourite song from one of my favourite albums, Nena asking you to please, please let her be your pirate. So smooth and joyful, I have to listen to it three times if I listen once" - ashi

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:20 am

I built something else. But this time in Spanish!Se llama "La ciudad de chingaderas". Feast your eyes on horrendous 3D art lol. I'm embarrassed I even posted this trash.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:21 am

This took 20 hours

starjots

Post by starjots » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:35 am

Marijuana is now legal for recreational use in our state. My mate has been on medical for years, but the upshot is growing outside might be 'safer' now (she hasn't done it in years - under medical you can do 4 plants). So maybe she'll try growing again outdoors (six plant limit). We grow corn, maybe mix it in with that... I almost put this under hot air as the stuff doesn't appeal to me.

Wow, it just hit me... anyone in the state can grow 6 or 12 plants (2 person household). Anyone. Surely the price will drop? This is a weed, after all.

Utisz

Post by Utisz » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:27 am

starjots wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:35 am
Wow, it just hit me... anyone in the state can grow 6 or 12 plants (2 person household). Anyone. Surely the price will drop? This is a weed, after all.
I guess folks can make their own beer at home pretty cheap and still are willing to shell out for the fancy stuff, though admittedly not sure the analogy fits so well.

starjots

Post by starjots » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:14 am

A new hobby to go with writing. Over the last few months I've convinced myself I should do an audio version for the fiction book I wrote to publish on audible. This goes along with just self publishing on Amazon (and maybe some others.)

I ordered the basics for a setup, picked out a closet in the house best suited for audio recording. I'll do a little altering with acoustic panels, blankets and what not. I need to build a little desk in there unless I happen to have a table that works.

Overall, I'm excited about learning something new. If successful*, this should absorb quite a bit of time.

*success is completing something.

SomeInternetBloke

Post by SomeInternetBloke » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:04 am

Perfunctory weed experiment

So I went on a 3-week cannabis bender. The intentional kind with lots of no planning and literally losing every lighter I've purchased so far . Got so bent. So charred. So bunned bredrens and sisterens. Did some combination of Sativa strains: Cotton Candy and Cantaloupe, I think. I know for sure I can no longer get high off of THC. Side effects: I stopped doing homework for school; started getting up around 2 pm in the afternoon; didn't go to work all week; over drew my account. "It's all coming back, coming back to me now ..." lyrics to the second-best Celine Dion song (the first-best is a certain Leo Decrapprio film) (That was a shitty homage to Reservoir Dogs and Like a virgin nfm). Got it out my system and I feel better now. Back to catching up on homework and substantive posting.

The post is too short huh?

Yeah, I know you agree. :nod:

Random story time detour - The mis-evolution of cool

If I had to make a guess, Utisz's weed dealer moniker would be something like The Shamrock Shaman. His product: fat nugs teeming with sparkling golden trichomes. Of course, the packaging would have the same name and a logo of a leprechaun rockin' witch doctor garb showcasing a tattered satchel of golden nuggets. Genius scheme: so just like how Leprechaun's gold disappears after a few hours, Utisz's weed gets you incredibly stoned but only for a few minutes. It wears off which makes the customer keep smoking until the entire sticky stash of deliciousness disappears. This would of course piss customers off and but not before Utisz had swindled enough idiots for them to hire a hitman. The hitman would be a real hardass. Smooshes his 22 pistol too far down into his crotch on account of his little pecker. Problem is that means he's reluctant to remove the gun or else his crotch becomes deflated... But a real hard-ass; East Londoner type who could punch through concrete POW! So the bastard lunges. Gets a savage beating until he whimpers to Utisz, "Sorry ... could you make the pain stop, fok it mate hurry?" To which Utisz shits out a tiny turd of compassion. He lights up a pre-rolled joint of his finest grumble crumble. Then it's *exhale*, euphoria. All is forgiven. The two become instant bud-buddies. Utisz shares his plot to swindle and ruin lives. The high quickly wears off. Hitman mutters, "Fuck it." His crotch deflates. Trigger. The bullet misses. Could say it grazed Utisz's ego so that's the reason he started to cry. But the truth is his heart began to grow. Viscuous strings of tears and spit puddle onto his lap making him believe he's developed incontinence. So he starts wearing diapers and bumping gangster rap and smoking joints. Utisz realizes a mold infestation on his cannabis is to blame for his delirium. But not before some black British kids export this horse shit to the U.S. where it takes off like gangbusters.

edit: so poser suburban kids. that is, not poor kids with deficient social capital etc who aren't to be blamed for trying to perpetuate silly fads to keep their calm emotions from atrophying.