Technical Issues

A place for talking about this place
User avatar
Madrigal
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:59 am
Reputation: 1

Technical Issues

Post by Madrigal » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:49 pm

It would be nice if we can edit posts past 24 hours... :D

Sinny
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:11 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Technical Issues

Post by Sinny » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:02 pm

:lol:

Agreed. I think it should be open, as it was before.
I think the only time a mod should intervene is if a person has decided to remove all trace of them selves from the forum in a hissy fit or something - and the purpose of it is to be malicious or vengeful.

You said that happens rarely, so....

User avatar
Sistamatticism
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:21 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Louisiana

Re: Technical Issues

Post by Sistamatticism » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:41 pm

Of note: I can't leave a rep but I can read the reps utisz left. Perhaps that permission needs to be added to the default usergoup? Or maybe our usergroup upgrades after x # of posts?
Change is the essential process of all existence. ~Spock TOS episode 3.15 Let That Be Your Last Battlefield

User avatar
puerile_polyp
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:01 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Technical Issues

Post by puerile_polyp » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:54 pm

Something like this or this would be really nice for posting videos. I would also suggest from the same place the spoilers and strikethrough bbcodes.

edit: also I want to change how many posts are displayed on a page.

User avatar
Utisz
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:35 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Technical Issues

Post by Utisz » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:23 am

Sistamatticism wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:41 pm
Of note: I can't leave a rep but I can read the reps utisz left. Perhaps that permission needs to be added to the default usergoup? Or maybe our usergroup upgrades after x # of posts?
The permissions system is super complicated in general, but I'm getting the hang of it.

The reputation system is even more complex. :) Could you try again?

User avatar
Utisz
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:35 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Technical Issues

Post by Utisz » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:24 am

puerile_polyp wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:54 pm
Something like this or this would be really nice for posting videos. I would also suggest from the same place the spoilers and strikethrough bbcodes.

edit: also I want to change how many posts are displayed on a page.
Will get on this (but not right now). :)

Sinny
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:11 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Technical Issues

Post by Sinny » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:23 pm

I'm already feeling butthurt by not making most popular user :lol:

User avatar
Blorg
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:48 am
Reputation: 1

Re: Technical Issues

Post by Blorg » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:01 pm

Sinny wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:23 pm
I'm already feeling butthurt by not making most popular user :lol:
If we're going to have a hell half of the forum we should have the same setup but with a wall of shame (fame?) for who can win the most negative reps :P

But my real opinion is I think we should get rid of the publicly displayed reps. Visible reps on posts, maybe. But not on people. I'm not a 1. I FEEL OBJECTIFIED

User avatar
puerile_polyp
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:01 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Technical Issues

Post by puerile_polyp » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:26 pm

I like visible reps, go ahead and publicly judge me and quantify my popularity and stamp me with a social credit score. As long as it doesn't affect the visibility of what I'm saying like on reddit. Same thing with that Black Mirror episode, it would have been fine if they weren't using it to cut people off from parts of society.

Sinny
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:11 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Technical Issues

Post by Sinny » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:30 pm

Blorg wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:01 pm
Sinny wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:23 pm
I'm already feeling butthurt by not making most popular user :lol:
If we're going to have a hell half of the forum we should have the same setup but with a wall of shame (fame?) for who can win the most negative reps :P

But my real opinion is I think we should get rid of the publicly displayed reps. Visible reps on posts, maybe. But not on people. I'm not a 1. I FEEL OBJECTIFIED


(I'm gonna need help figuring out embedding n shit, I'm a dunce)

Post Reply